divvyDOSE is a rapidly growing healthcare startup headquartered in Chicago. Our vision is a life where medicine does what it’s supposed to, and people get the attention and care they deserve. We strive to improve the quality of life through innovative design and compassionate customer service that allows medicine to get out of the way of our customers lives.
Vision / Mission
Our vision is to fix and reimagine healthcare for everyone. Our mission is to engage customers by fixing all the problems around getting and taking their medications. We’ve taken the first step by simplifying adherence.
Were now part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with divvyDOSE, where changing the world is just one result of doing your lifes best work.SM
In the scrum master role, you will be responsible for cultivating an environment that enables teams to deliver their best work and continuously improve. The scrum master is people focused and serves as a facilitator, coach, servant leader, and is a mirror for the team. Also crucial is the ability to enable timely delivery through removal of blockers and to set expectations through consistent communication both within and beyond the teams you support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coach the team on scrum & agile practices and values
- Coach the team towards a consistent estimation and planning cadence to support predictable value delivery
- Help build a transparent environment that enables respectful cador and promotes a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and self-organization
- Give/receive feedback effectively and coach others to do the same
- Use facilitation techniques to achieve alignment and uncover areas of confusion Explain the why behind any scrum process to team members and stakeholders across the business and be open to change
- Ensure the effectiveness of all scrum events including daily standups, sprint planning, estimation, and retrospective meetings
- Ensure the team maintains focus on objectives, goals and scope for each sprint Track progress to plan for all sprints in order to proactively communicate and manage risk Communicate and escalate issues, as needed, to leadership
- Create partnerships within and beyond the technology department
- Support backlog refinement and epic definition with product management
Skills & Experience
- Strong communication, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Ability to set and manage realistic expectations
- Ability to understand and communicate the differences between commonly used agile frameworks
- Ability to identify and address, with support, process and collaboration issues within the teams you support
- Holds themselves to a consistently high standard of accountability
- 2+ years experience working with software development teams in a scrum master role
- CSM or other relevant certification preferred but not required
In addition to a competitive salary our company offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans and contributes to an HSA annually.