Title: Safety Agent – Morning
Please note that our National Operations Center is a 24/7 operation with three shifts. We are currently looking to fill our morning shift, which is from 7am-5pm EST.
Citizen is the No. 1 personal safety app in the U.S., with a mission to Protect the World. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe.
Citizen Agents an in-house, highly trained team of safety experts power the free product, providing real-time 911 safety alerts to people who are nearby active safety incidents. Citizen safety alerts have helped people evacuate burning buildings, returned hundreds of missing children to their families, and have become part of the social safety infrastructure of most major US cities. Citizen Agents work around the clock to moderate a unique blend of publicly reported incidents and user generated video/comments to provide live on-the-ground safety coverage.
Citizen’s first paid product Citizen Premium allows users to reach Citizen Agents for their protection 24/7. Citizen Agents have helped thousands of subscribers stay safe, deescalating tense domestic situations, routing emergency help to remote locations, and helping people travel safely through cities at night.
Already relied on by 9+ million people every day, Citizen will continue to expand and upgrade public safety in major cities around the world. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to join the team.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Goodwater Capital, and Founders Fund and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
About the Team
Citizen Protect is Citizen’s first subscription product and combines the power of our network, trained safety agents, and technology to give everyone the power to protect themselves and the people they love. Citizen Protect includes a powerful suite of safety products including a fast way to reach a safety professional when you’re in trouble and a live tracking tool so your friends and loved ones can look out for you.
The talented, detail-oriented, and experienced individuals on this team are responsible for guiding Citizen user’s through any safety situation, big or small. Team members are able to think on their toes, quickly triage situations, and are passionate about keeping their communities safe and informed.
Citizen is searching for trained public safety professionals who are equipped to help when a user feels like they might need it. Safety Agents will play a key role in communicating with users who are in need of assistance in potentially unsafe conditions. You will be responsible for guiding difficult conversations and using strong judgment. You will be at the frontlines of helping users who feel unsafe in their surroundings and offer direct assistance and escalation to 911, when necessary.
- Communicate with users who have indicated they are in need of immediate assistance
- Triage the level of severity of each call and make appropriate assessments of necessary next steps
- Offer support and guidance in real-time to any user who feels unsafe
- Decide when a situation is of heightened importance and should be escalated to 911
- Work with a team of Safety Alert Writers to help distribute relevant safety information
- Make real-time judgment calls that directly impact a person’s personal safety
- Experience as a first responder, medical professional, or in a public safety role
- Experience handling high call volume
- Experience verbally communicating with users daily
- Ability to exercise superb judgment on sensitive subject matters
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Ability to mitigate stressful situations and demonstrate empathy for others
- Flexible and open to constantly-changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within tight time frames
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.