Retirement Plans Learning and Development Specialist III
job requisition id
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
Act as a consultant to management in the assessment, development, design, evaluation and delivery of training programs that support the development of employees. Track results and provide ongoing feedback in order to foster continued employee development, improve education programs and meet department goals. Participate in organizational development activities in connection with corporate initiatives, organizational review, performance management and workplace improvement to contribute to effective employee development.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct full business and training needs analysis predominantly for large groups and department initiatives that links learning objectives to application for participants.
- Drive design and development of complex curriculum tied to measurable outcomes and impacts to the organization.
- Project manage the design work of high-risk and highly visible projects with stakeholders, complete make versus buy decisions, and recommend delivery method enabling effective learning.
- Facilitate complex topics and action learning workshops for high risk, challenging groups and senior learners.
- Ability to redesign class on the fly to meet the learning objectives for the audience/participants.
- Follow up engagement post-session facilitating learning reinforcement through debriefs and leveraging feedback systems using complex ongoing evaluation strategies.
- Develop assessments, evaluations, and learning activities to evaluate overall training effectiveness. Provide results and feedback to management, recommend training or process modifications.
- Design and analyze more complex evaluations, e.g., levels 3-4.
- Graduate degree in Education, Training, or Business preferred. Bachelor’s degree in HR, Adult Education, Business, ISD, Training, or related field preferred. or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant, progressive work experience.
- 5+ plus years of training experience with 5 years in a corporate environment
- Experience in a public company with multiple divisions and locations
- Experience in a matrixed management environment, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a business environment in the development of training for adults.
- Consulting/Business Partnering model application, strategic thinker.
- Experience in data analysis and vendor management.
- Strong familiarity with various forms of program evaluation and performance measurement systems and tools.
Note: The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard’s package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
- Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
$62,000.00 – $93,900.00
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.