What’s cool about this job
- REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization.
- To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
This role is remote-eligible and can be based in any state where there is an REI Store.
- In this role, you will contribute to REI’s success by providing strategic analysis that answers key business questions and provides insight that informs decisions related to REI programs and projects.
- You will support teams across the Retail Operations division and will deliver data at a level of detail that drives sound decision-making and allows for clear communication of complex analysis.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in collaboration with strategy and program owners where analysis includes mostly tangible factors.
- Shares data through clear and focused reporting. Leverages advanced visualization techniques and interactive data structure to enable action from business users.
- Demonstrates the ability to build a story with a clear problem statement, evidence-supported hypothesis, results, and recommendations.
- Delivers insights using multi-faceted descriptive and statistical analyses to influence business peers.
- Understands the value of building analytical datasets to approach solving similar analytics questions from a single platform.
- Understands technology stack and interoperability and can perform complex data queries with minimal guidance.
- Develops basic data sets to power-efficient delivery of insights, including manual data sourcing for production-grade solutions
- Drive data quality efforts in partnership with Business Intelligence, Customer Insights, Information Technology and cross-divisional stakeholder groups
- Provides actionable recommendations to inform business plans affecting new and existing programs.
- Demonstrates experience with common data issues like reliability, anomaly detection, and resolution, data governance.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Intermediate level data query, data analysis and data visualization/ communication
- Experience with extraction and manipulation (e.g. SQL) of relational data
- Experience with other statistical analysis and other modeling techniques (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience with visualization programs (Tableau preferred) including a solid understanding of preparing data and writing calculations to best analyze data.
- Microsoft office suite for communication, presentation and data analysis. Utilized Excel for analysis and report delivery
- General knowledge of the principles, theories, and best practices within analytics as well as general business practices and procedures.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities