Title: Renovations Coordinator
Location: United States
Remote, United States
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving an $85B+ market. In addition to property management, Mynd helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has rapidly expanded into 24 markets.
Mynd is the first proptech company of its kind to combine technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments and was recently named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020.
On June 1, 2021, Mynd announced a deal with Invesco Real Estate that will propel Mynd to be one of the largest buyers of SFR homes in the country. Invesco Real Estate, a global real estate investment manager, is investing capital into the Mynd business, as well as partnering with Mynd as an institutional investor with a capital commitment of up to $5 billion dollars across multiple strategies to acquire 20,000 homes.
About the role:
Renovation Coordinators are critical to the success of the renovations team as they are primarily responsible for the management of active renovation projects from beginning to end. Renovation Coordinators are responsible for the timely communication between internal and external stakeholders, ensuring project records are thoroughly documented and ensuring project timelines are being met. Renovation Coordinators serve as the experts on each renovation project assigned to them with an oversight of all aspects of the project. Renovation Coordinators will crucially help compress construction cycle times and ensure seamless transitions from acquisitions, through renovations, to leasing and onboarding. This role will join our central renovations team working with contractors, inspectors, project managers and others; it’s an incredible opportunity for an organized, process driven, detail oriented, self-motivated, adaptable, and technologically proficient individual with a background in construction or transaction administration or project management.
- Monitoring of acquisition reports and pipeline with active communication with acquisition teams for incoming properties.
- Facilitate scheduling and dispatching of internal and external inspection partners during acquisition phase.
- Creation and management of renovation projects within management software system
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Ensuring all necessary items and information to successfully manage renovation projects are documented and received from other parties.
- Assignment of renovation projects to various contractors and partners based on scope of work received by partners and finalized by internal resources
- Understanding of renovations construction standards and policy in order to ensure scope of work and assignment is in line with company goals
- Assisting with reviewing and building of project scopes from contractors and internal construction experts
- Following up with contractors and other partners regularly to ensure project is tracking to budget and completion cycle time goals
- Working closely with leadership to ensure best practices are established and adhered to on each project
- Reviewing and confirming individual scope items and inspections are completed and updating project in system of record
- Proactively managing next steps for each project and communicating frequently with stakeholders
- Assisting with coordination between various stakeholders on a project when necessary
- Quality checking all project records at project completion to ensure records are complete and thorough before closing them out.
- Assist department leadership in identifying opportunities for improvement and communicating them clearly.
- Various administrative tasks associated with the virtual management of renovation projects
- High school diploma (or GED), college degree preferred
- Prior experience in a similar position requiring coordination of large projects with multiple stakeholders and deliverables
- Proven ability to execute and manage projects to completion on time and within budget while accurately documenting entire project
- Prior experience utilizing project management or CRM software
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one’s schedule
- Tech savvy with ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications
- Positive, can-do attitude with a dedication to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively solo, and as a member of various teams and committees, with minimum supervision
- Ability to review, understand and put into effect standards and procedure documents
- Experience in real estate buying and selling or home maintenance and construction preferred.