Title: Renewal Manager
Location: United States
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re scaling, and scaling fast. With our client base growing so rapidly, we are fast establishing a dedicated Elastic Renewals team. As a new member of a fast-growing team, you will work cross-functionally across the business as we build our Renewal team globally. This Renewal Manager position will be covering Canada as a region which encompasses Enterprise, Commercial, and Public Sector (FED & SLED) types of businesses. You will partner closely with our Customer Success and Sales teams to negotiate contracts and agree on terms. And you will play a key role in developing effective renewals best practices with the aim of best serving, and so retaining, our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working on key renewals projects as we establish a best-in-class Global Renewals team.
- Collaborating cross functionally with multiple departments such as Customer Success, Sales, Legal and Cloud teams.
- Working closely with Customer Success to develop and implement renewals best practices.
- Providing a seamless customer journey, identifying opportunities for maximizing customer experience whilst optimizing contract renewals.
What You Bring Along:
- 3+ yrs within a renewals team within a fast-paced SaaS environment.
- Demonstrable Commercial acumen, having the ability to implement a holistic approach, uncovering issues, removing roadblocks and adopting a general Account Management approach.
- Tactical awareness, providing operational capabilities around forecasting and reporting
- Ability to help identify and implement best-practice processes and procedures around renewals.
- Strong contract acumen and ability to negotiate on License and SaaS agreements
- Strong Account Management and customer engagement skills
- Comfort working in a fast paced, distributed environment with the ability to manage multiple work streams.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.