Technical Remote Support
Remote – US
Weâ€™re looking for Help Desk Customer Service Advisors to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. Weâ€™re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard Student Success brings virtualized support and technology enabled solutions to the worldâ€™s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Blackboard Student Services is hiring for remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
Blackboard is looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of Help Desk Customer Service Advisor. The duties of this role include being a reference point for all IT-related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
- Resolving end user inquiries by utilizing multiple technologies including telephony, chat, and web-based inquiries
- Striving for one-call resolution of customer issues while communicating appropriate options in a timely and professional manner
- Managing and resolving identified client issues for assigned customer accounts
- Documenting information into web-based ticketing system
- Searching and navigating the knowledge base to identify appropriate resolution for client issues
- Escalating unique issues or inaccurate information contained in the knowledge base to the immediate supervisor for resolution
- Projecting favorable image of the company to promote its objectives and goals that enhance client relationships
- Participating in internal training programs to expand knowledge and support multiple clients
- Providing delightful, efficient, and accurate resolutions to customer inquiries
- Completing special projects as requested by management
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computers, printers, phones, and other peripheral equipment
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Completing software installations
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phones, chats, and emails
- You must be able to work from home
- You must have a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift
- Your home office must have DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet (Dial-up, Wireless, or Satellite interview services cannot be used)
- Must have either an ISP provided modem that allows a third party VOIP, or a personal modem and personal router without restrictions
- Must be able to wire company hardware directly into router which may not be more than 100 feet from the computer
- Minimum download speed 10 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 5 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 MS consistently that is dedicated to the workstation
- Strong computer knowledge, including the ability to accurately type at least 25 wpm
- Strong interpersonal skills and a very high degree of customer service ethic.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with faculty, students, staff, and team members
- Ability to walk customers through outlined problem-solving processes, using our knowledge base system
- Ability to ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Strong multi-tasking abilities while working in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years old or over
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working on computers (building, configuring, troubleshooting)
- Knowledge of internet applications
- Proficiency in MS Office computer applications, including Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new technology systems
- Familiarity with education-related technologies
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks at one time and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Analytical orientation with strong attention to detail.
- Some level of higher education completed
- Customer service or contact center experience
- Previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is available for candidates residing in the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, WVÂ