Regional Planning Supervisor
job requisition id
Position Location: Remote
Anticipated salary range: $63,200 – $90,300
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
What Supply Chain Fulfillment contributes to Cardinal Health
Planning team is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems, supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
The Planning Supervisor role is a people leading role in Forecasting and Supply Planning for Medical side of Cardinal Health with an emphasis on our customers. This is a key role to drive improvements strategically in replenishment planning and the more tactical monitoring/trouble shooting issues as they arise. Collaborative leadership, as well as strategic and innovative thinking is required to be successful. Knowledge of SAP and APO environment is required for the role as they will be knowledge expert in Planning.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of Senior Analysts and Consultants
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manages a portfolio of customers to stay in tune with customer needs and expectations
- Act as a change agent, leading initiatives to improve team processes and increase the effectiveness of the work we do
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to influence important outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions, services and products; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent planning experience
- 5+ years experience in planning or a similar field preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in SAP and APO highly preferred
- Advanced data mining and analytics highly preferred
- Process improvement and project work experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Perform day to day tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze current inventory positions, forecasting and demand information to formulate data-driven action plans
- Ability to root cause problem solve by analyzing data from multiple sources and drive improvements from findings
- Run, modify, create reports to highlight areas of improvement that will positively impact goals and customer experience
- Demonstrates decision making skills to make optimal planning/inventory decisions based on supplier and customer contracts, situational information, and all other available data for supplier portfolio.
- A willingness to create partnerships with internal and external customers
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.