Quantitative Markets Lead
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Quantitative Markets team. The team is responsible for structuring and pricing Affirm’s debt funding deals, developing platforms and tools for optimizing funding strategies, and building models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans. The ideal candidate will have experience in structuring asset-backed transactions, working with rating agencies, and building quantitative models. Given the cross-functional nature of the role, the ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Capital Markets team to evaluate, structure and price consumer asset-backed transactions
- Develop and enhance capital structuring and pricing models tailored to Affirm’s consumer loan portfolio to enable efficient deal execution
- Build quantitative models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans
- Provide insights on capital markets deals to cross-functional teams for more optimal and efficient funding strategy and merchant pricing
- Partner cross-functionally with our Capital Markets, Treasury, Merchant Pricing, Credit, Commercial, Product and Engineering teams to evaluate funding, product, and business decisions
What we look for
- 5+ years of relevant experience structuring asset-backed transactions, forecasting consumer loan performance, and/or building quantitative models
- Experience with industry-standard tools such as Intex/Bloomberg and working with accountants, rating agencies, and internal/external partners
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- A proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Desire to understand the broader context of business decisions
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – 29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.