Quality Program Manager, Customer Experience
Remote – North America
Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
About the Marketplace Operations Team
The Marketplace Operations Team is the engine that enables us to deliver an amazing experience to our customers. We deliver extraordinary support to our sellers and buyers, ensure the trust & safety of the platform, optimize our fulfillment logistics, and drive continuous improvement in everything we do.
The Quality Program Manager, Customer Experience will be the first member of our quality team within Marketplace Operations. You will be tasked with helping us define and build our quality programs, establish a team of QA specialists, define our critical metrics, and drive RCA and continuous improvement routines. This is an exciting opportunity to join and build something from the ground up.
- Build and develop a team of QAs, providing support, coaching, and instill a collaborative and performance-driven culture
- Establish systems, metrics and measurements to enable a data-driven quality framework and advise the strategy of Quality programs
- Analyze systemic problems impacting process health and drive root cause analysis (RCA) to advise quality/process improvement initiatives for CSAT and QA performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Support, Trust & Safety, Outsourcing, Data Analytics) to identify, assess, and resolve customer issues in our product and support experiences
- Responsible for providing feedback and analysis on product, policy, and process updates, and identifying trends and areas of improvement
- Apply problem solving techniques such as, 5 Why, Pareto analysis, control charts, and design of experiment to correct and prevent process quality issues
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years experience in building and leading quality assurance programs
- 2+ years experience in a high-tech fast-paced environment
- Extensive hands-on experience with quality principles and practices including Problem Solving Tools (8D, 5 Why, Pareto analysis, control charts, and DOE), Process Audits and Quality Management Systems
- Experience in establishing Quality metrics/feedback systems for continuous improvement
- Proven experience establishing relationships with peers and senior stakeholders and collaborating with cross-functional teams across multiple locations
- Track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, and performing in a highly organized manner
- Experience thinking analytically and strategically about issues and influencing team members, leadership and individual contributors at all levels
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to a variety of team members including senior-level leadership
Nice to Have
- Quality Assurance certification (ASQ, etc.)
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Experience working in a large, global tech company or other fast-paced environments
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.