Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: San Francisco or Remote
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
Our customers get through their inbox twice as fast; many see inbox zero for the first time in years.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT
We’re not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We’re going after email, the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn’t stop there. Next: calendars, notes, contacts, and tasks. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it’s possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
This time, we’re swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
At Superhuman, quality doesn’t only live with QA. We live up to our standard of Remarkable Quality with everyone at the company contributing. We expect engineers and product managers to produce quality work and help test it. The entire team reports bugs and helps with testing at open Test Fests.
As a QA Engineer, you will take the lead in championing quality on all Superhuman products. You will determine how to test features and run manual tests but also engage with colleagues on the testing process.
- Lead testing on new features and products
- Contribute to all aspects of issue management related to shipping high-quality features, including manual testing, writing high-quality bug reports, issue verification, and issue screening
- Help identify, implement, and maintain test processes and tools
- Develop test plans and document test cases for new and existing features
- Create opportunities for members of other teams to help test
- Provide quality sign-off on features and releases
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Delight teams to define and build amazing experiences
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to root out and diagnose hard-to-find bugs
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Experience: You have 4+ years of software testing experience.
- Delight Focused: You take pride in building elegant and beautiful products with a remarkable level of quality. You care about the customer experience and have astonishing attention to detail.
- Highly Organized: You test multiple features and projects at the same time, track your work, and can balance competing testing priorities.
- Expertise: You use logging, SQL, scripting, and other tools to debug tricky issues and automated tasks and your testing workflow.
- Problem Solver: You excel at understanding, breaking down, and solving complex problems. You think deeply about the best way to test features and find novel ways to test novel features.
- Excellent Communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form and advocating for what you believe in. You proactively communicate testing status and information.
- Growth mindset: You embrace challenges, welcome feedback, and see effort as the path to mastery. You believe that you and others can always learn and grow.
- Ownership: You accept full accountability of your domain, take initiative to find solutions, and focus on what must be done to create success.
- Grit: You have courage, passion, and the ability to persevere towards challenging goals. You are thorough, meticulous, and keep going when problems get challenging.
- Proactive positivity: You demonstrate care and awareness for how your actions and words make others feel. You find ways to move forward from challenges stronger and happier. You choose to interpret situations positively rather than negatively.
- Location: We’re a remote-first team, open to you joining us in our San Francisco office or from a home office anywhere in North America.
Taking Care of Your Future
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- 10 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Day and Winter Break.
- Flexible parental leave.
Investing in Your Growth
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success
- Custom MacBook Pro.
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.