Quality Assurance Analyst – Remote #1342
Area Of Interest: Information Technology
Position Type: Full-time
This position is a remote role, open anywhere throughout the United States.
This position is responsible for following and improving our best practices for IT application development quality assurance. This includes assisting with the definition and documentation of the applications quality assurance test plans, test scenarios, user acceptance criteria and test cases in order to deliver application development projects to a high degree of quality. The individual will also work closely with personnel including Business Analyst. Product Owners, Developers. and Application Development leads to ensure seamless transitions as they move through the SDLC.
- Participate in the entire project lifecycle which includes design/requirements review; test plan development; design/execution of smoke, functional, regression and integration test cases.
- Assists with the development of test strategies, creation of appropriate test harnesses and implementation of on-going metrics.
- Assists with developing/documenting test plans, test scripts, acceptance criteria, and User Acceptance test scenarios.
- Ensure high-quality software which meets requirements; make sure every feature has clearly defined acceptance criteria and is well tested using documented test scripts. Full test coverage against requirements is expected.
- Experience reviewing Acceptance Criteria and working with the QA lead and/or business to help refine the Acceptance Criteria
- Taking Acceptance Criteria and writing detailed test cases both for positive and negative scenarios and verifying we have full coverage of testing for each requirement or defect we have.
- Accurately communicate testing estimates, testing status, and continually work toward removing project roadblocks.
- Work with QA lead on maintaining the Manual/Automation KPI’s
- Apply a prioritized approach to testing in order to find the most serious issues first.
- Create test scripts based on business requirements, workflows and use cases; execute and maintain the test scripts and document test results; modify the test scripts depending on requirements change.
- Assist with the development of User Acceptance test scripts, working closely with the business.
- Participate in various types of tests including Smoke, Functional, GUI, Regression, Performance, Security, Ad-hoc, System, End-to-End, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Record, maintain, and archive test results.
- Analyze test results and defects to substantiate the quality of the application/system; analyze trends, severity, and characterization of defects; and track and provide reports of discovered defects.
- Participate in continuous improvement of testing process and procedures by analyzing reported bugs/issues and then assessing test coverage and project execution around these areas.
- Utilize strong troubleshooting/problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on as well as helping guide\collaborate with a team of analysts in the development and execution of test plans; and monitoring and reporting on test execution.
- Communicates application release status, including issue/defect metrics, code coverage metrics, critical path and testing status.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and can synthesize the results.
- Performs peer reviews on test cases and provides feedback
- Ensures that accepted methodologies and best practices are utilized to address QA/Test needs.
- Proactively identifies, manages, and makes recommendations to mitigate delivery risk.
- Assess current Testing efforts and provide input towards QA Automation where necessary
- Will help design the QA Automation and execute and troubleshoot the automation as needed.
- Participate with troubleshooting/performance tuning for .Net applications, working closely with the development teams.
- Identifies and documents end to end testing scenarios
- Participates in Knowledge transfer sessions with vendors and FTE’s
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field required.
- Experience in application development quality assurance and project management (3+ years).
- Experience with application development including thick client enterprise software, thin client enterprise software, web and mobile development.
- Experience with Credit Card Payment processing
- Experience with testing enterprise applications in a tightly integrated ecosystem, with Salesforce, NetSuite, and a sourcing application.
- Experience with C# and or Java automation a plus
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Strong knowledge of QA concepts, methodology and tools.
- Ability to analyze alternatives and implement systems which are responsive to organizations requirements.
- Proficient with creating high-level test plans, detailed test cases, and unit test automation
- Ability to identify and resolve critical issues with ease
- Able to work under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines, adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines for each.
- Excellent, consulting, communication, and organization skills.
Specialized Training or Knowledge
- Azure DevOps experience
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Cross Browser Testing Tool and/or Browser Stack
- Good knowledge of Cyber Source
- CSQE certification a plus.
- 3-4+ years of hands-on testing experience in a web / client-server environment
- 3-4+ years of C#/Java experience a plus
- SQL Server experience required with the ability to write/execute moderate to complex queries for testing and production inquiries
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development methods
- Experience with automation concepts (UI automation, API/White box testing)
- Git/GitHub experience a plus
- Selenium experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional nights and weekends.
- Available 24×7 in support of urgent/emergency application releases, or any other changes requiring involvement by the QA team.
The full compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $60,000 annually.* Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.