Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability & Results Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
From the merger of two leaders in the CX space, ASPECT Software and Noble Systems, comes ALVARIA. A new global force delivering leading edge Customer Experience and Workforce Engagement software as well as cloud services technology solutions for enterprise Contact Centers. We blend the agility of a start-up mentality with the stability of an established enterprise, challenging the market with renewed thinking and best-of-breed business solutions.
Our solutions simplify and improve the customer and agent experience. Our complete suite of Contact Center and Workforce Engagement & Optimization solutions helps companies keep agents engaged while providing exceptional customer service experiences. Our flexible, highly scalable applications for interaction management, IVR/self-service, chatbots/AI, workforce optimization and more, are available on-premises or in any hosted, private or public cloud environment.
Make a Difference
Our people define who we are. The curious, driven, creative, fun individuals who are drawn to ALVARIA bring skills sets and cultural differences from around the world. They love innovation, challenges and empowering our customers to engage seamlessly and efficiently â€” every member of our team is dedicated to creating amazing customer contact experiences – for our customers and our customers’ customers. If you like developing new solutions and turning big ideas into reality, ALVARIA is the place for you. At ALVARIA, you’ll work with smart and motivated people to make a difference for the companies we serve.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
QA engineers work independently and with peers to determine product quality, identify potential issues, and evaluate release readiness.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Execute test cases against new features or bug fixes and report any issues.
- Work with closely and collaboratively with software developers and support engineers.
- Work towards test automation and review automated test results.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness.
- Write release notes.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree OR the equivalent experience in software testing.
- 1+ year experience as a QA engineer OR 3 years experience as a software support engineer.
- Previous experience designing, implementing, and executing test plans.
- Experience with relational databases including ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of both Linux/Unix and Windows.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to pay careful attention to details.
- Logical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED JOB SKILLS
- Experience with server-side software testing.
- Experience with web-based software testing.
- Experience with Jira or other issue tracking systems.
- Experience with Zephyr or other test tracking systems.
- Experience with automated software testing.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience coding with python or similar.
- Experience with telephony/SIP systems or contact center environments.