Project Manager, Pharmacy Operations
Job LocationsUS-TX-Plano | US-Remote
Maxor is seeking a Project Manager with managed pharmacy, construction, implementation and/or IT experience to join a dynamic Pharmacy Operations team. The Pharmacy Project Manager will plan, facilitate, and document all aspects of implementation projects; working closely with Pharmacy Operations Leadership and other internal and external team members to ensure projects remain on schedule and meet requirements. The PM assists as necessary with other unique and complex projects that support pharmacy operations.
Successful Candidate Experience Profile
* 3+ years’ experience in project management; experience in construction and/or healthcare or pharmacy
* PMP certification preferred
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Proven ability to manage multiple large-scale projects at once.
* Proven ability to ability to influence others in a dynamic and matrixed environment.
* Proven ability to collect and document project requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work eectively with all organizational levels
* Strong meeting facilitation skills; both face-to-face and virtual situations, including the ability to make eective presentations
* Sound business and technical acumen
* Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
* Skilled in the use project tools including: Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel and Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Project
This is a remote-based position where you may work from your home office.
Founded in 1926 as a single retail pharmacy, we are now a leading pharmacy solutions provider offering a complementary suite of services and technology offerings, delivering value to patients, clients and members across the pharmacy supply chain.
Pharmacies are essential to healthcare, with nearly 90% of the US population living within 5 miles of one and seeing their pharmacist an average of 12 times a year. Providing a positive patient experience is crucial to ensuring patients adhere to their therapies. At Maxor, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets. We actively seek and retain talented professionals who are passionate about improving healthcare outcomes for patients. Our employees are essential to their own well-being, finding fulfillment in meaningful work, competitive compensation, diverse and inclusive teams, and limitless career possibilities. With a workforce of 1,000 and almost a century of pharmacy experience, Maxor offers the stability of a Fortune 500 company combined with the energy and innovation of a startup. Our expertise and technology support the entire pharmacy ecosystem, but our impact goes beyond pharmacy services. We enable pharmacy care.
- Lead complex projects simultaneously that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage architects and construction crews to successfully manage the buildout that is on time & within budget parameters.
- Work with business management to define requirements, establish project objectives, and define project success.
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, and related project management artifacts.
- Documents, track, and disseminates risks, issues, assumptions, action items, decisions, and questions.
- Produces meeting notes that effectively capture and communicate risks, issues, assumptions, action items, decisions, and questions.
- Assess and facilitate resolution of all high priority project risks and issues as they are encountered.
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Continually update relevant business stakeholder of project status and periodically publish project status reports.
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work experience & education
- 3+ years’ experience in project management; experience in construction and/or healthcare or pharmacy with PMP certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple large-scale projects at once.
- Proven ability to ability to influence others in a dynamic and matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to effectively collect and document project requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work eectively with all organizational levels
- Strong meeting facilitation skills in both face-to-face and virtual situations, including the ability to make eective presentations
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Skilled in the use of the following tools:
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel – Required
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Project Required
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook – Desired
- Experience using Smartsheets Beneficial
- Experience using Confluence – Beneficial
- Works effectively in situations with limited information and moderate ambiguity
- Works effectively in a team environment, and communicates well using virtual tools when team members are geographically dispersed
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- A self-motivated, self-reliant, self-starter with the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives under a minimal amount of supervision
- Effective consultative approach, combined with action-oriented passion