Title: Project Manager
Location: Remote, USA
At Wisetack, we’re building financially responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Wisetack is a well-funded growing startup founded in 2018 with a leadership team that comes from Lending Club, Affirm, Varo Money and other top FinTech companies. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more).
We raised a $45M Series B and have invested in our people and technology while growing our partnerships. We grew 10x in 2021, and exceeded the goal of growing 4x in 2022. This is a fun stage in any company’s lifecycle where we’ve got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you’d still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Most recently, we were recognized as the Best Consumer Lending Solution by Finovate Awards and have been selected by LendIt as a 2022 winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards. The external recognition is great, but we’re equally if not more happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78 (industry average hovers around the 40s or 50s, depending on who you ask). We’re proud that we’re building a product that customers love as well as being recognized as a Great Place to Work by our team members.
The Project Manager role is a great opportunity to have a critical impact on the success of Operations. Your responsibilities will focus on the coordination and completion of projects on time and within scope, but also on managing, developing, and implementing change communication. You will set deadlines, assign responsibilities, manage stakeholders, monitor and summarize progress, and mitigate risks.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget and that information is shared effectively throughout the organization. He or she will coordinate with other departments (both inside and outside of Operations) to ensure all aspects of each project reach the project’s definition of success.
The candidate must be familiar with the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Creativity, flexibility, and effective communication are mandatory to be successful in this role.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to formulate change management plans and activities to support new and existing projects
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders to clearly define the success metrics, deliverables, owners, and milestones for a project
- Consistently deliver projects to agreed-upon success criteria, managing change effectively
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Identify, define, and manage all aspects of projects and projects scope, including, but not limited to, the overall program project plan, execution, resource management, issue tracking, quality, change management, risk management, communications, and budget
- Provide consistent and up-to-date visual, written, and verbal communication that is tailored to multiple audiences
- Develop, implement, and communicate strategies and key messages in clear and concise language using a variety of communication tactics
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and stakeholder relationships
- Manage evolving cross-company information sharing
- Use and continually develop leadership skills and competencies
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned
- 2-3 years experience in managing projects and championing change communication, or equivalent experience
- PMP certification preferred. Change management professional certification a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the project management process throughout the lifecycle and the ability to identify issues and take corrective action
- Ability to simplify complex information for a variety of audiences
- Be proactive with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to work effectively and stay connected within a fast-paced and remote environment
- Proficiency in Confluence and JIRA. Experience with project management tools (i.e., Asana, Monday, WorkFront, SmartSheet, Airtable, etc.) a plus.