GovCIO is a team of transformerspeople who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
The candidate should have experience with a civil agency, preferably Veterans Affairs. The environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving. As such, thought leadership, problem-solving, rapid learning, and carrying the innovative mindset needed to lead our clients through conceptualization, strategic planning, and execution is important. Additionally, flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.
- Manage Agile delivery model, whether Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean Kanban, DevSecOps or other iterative development approaches.
- Serve as an escalation point for customer concerns if/when they arise. Identify appropriate resolution to achieve client satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Understand existing processes and identifying how to improve and streamline them to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partner with product teams to define, implement and operate a product line support model that leverages DevSecOps principles.
- Manage and coordinate process requirements across various projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Responsible for managing multiple product lines.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, managing, and reporting key Product Line execution status and metrics across all aspects of the Agile product development lifecycle.
- Responsible to support through leading communications, program baseline support, strategic planning and analysis, data collection, quality reviews, risk management, and overall management of supporting sub-product line.
- Monitor, track and provide client reports on project schedule, work plan, risks, and budget to ensure project meets targeted dates and goals.
- Ensure capture and monitor action items status, produce, and communicate meeting minutes and drive action to their proper resolution or conclusion.
- Identify and manage risks and issues impacting the progress and outcome of the sub-product line.
- Serve as a Scrum Master on as needed bases, develop and maintain scheduled project/product sprints and backlog.
- Provide in-depth reporting support. Take ownership of the status report and prepare detailed updates that go to Senior Leadership.
- Support fast turnaround requests for data. Be able to understand the ask and request data from the appropriate team member.
- A Project Director must have experience with diverse IT projects both large and small.
- Well-versed in full systems development life cycle, enterprise-wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process reengineering, structure, and management practices.
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the program.
- Must be able to manage cost, schedule, and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific/technical discipline.
- 15 years of experience.
- 10+ years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 3+ years Agile Project Management in JIRA
- Experience managing Information Technology related projects.
- Well-versed in life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Experience in tracking schedule and performance progress.
- Able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Experience with project management or issue management software (i.e., JIRA, ServiceNow, SharePoint).
- Experience with Microsoft Office, MS TEAMS, workflows, and workflow management.
- Certified Scrum Master (highly preferred).
- Project Management Professional PMP Certified (highly preferred).
- Certified SAFe (highly preferred).
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in a DevOps environment (highly preferred).
- Highly motivated and analytical; proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to take initiative and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex issues.
- Excellent verbal communication, oral presentation, analytical and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and project oversight skills.
- Excellent leadership, management, and delegation skills.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and stay organized.
Compensation Range (In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for remote or positions located in CO)
$120000 – $135000