Program Manager, Transcription Services
- Full Time
Job Title: Program Manager, Transcription Services
Are you an experienced transcriptionist who has demonstrated ability to manage diverse team of professional transcriptionists? We have a role for you!
The purpose of this position is to provide transcription services to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Refugee, Asylum, and International Operations (RAIO) Directorate, Asylum Division Headquarters (HQASM). While the audio recordings may contain foreign spoken languages, the transcriptionist shall be responsible for transcribing the spoken English portions only.
The ideal candidate will have the expertise and ability to manage a team of transcriptionists who will be transcribing audio/video (such as interviews). If you have legal transcription and program management experience, we’d love to have you on our team!
- Managing a team of up to 11 FT and 10 PT transcriptionists, ranging in experience
- Reviewing transcription cases/files to determine timelines and assigning necessary resources
- Tracking and ensuring on-time delivery of 100-200 transcription cases/files per week
- Developing, maintaining, and executing on a quality control plan. Performing quality control of deliverables/transcripts
- Assisting in the hiring and onboarding of personnel, tracking onboarding statuses and all related equipment
- Providing weekly and monthly project reports for management
- Assisting in completion of unassigned cases/files to ensure on-time delivery
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable combination of education, training, and/or experience
- Minimum 2 years of Project or Program Management and 3 years of transcription service experience
- Experience managing a large team, with a mix of full and part time resources, in a virtual environment
- Proficient in grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation, and is familiar with legal terminology and legal citation
- English fluency
- Strong English language and grammar skills
- Knowledgeable of 508 compliance
- Ability to pass a background check
- Prior experience with USCIS
- Prior experience transcribing bank or court recordings
- Fluency in more than one language
Work Setting and Environment:
- Work is to be performed remotely
- Monday – Friday, normal business hours, EST
- On-site federal contractors, in federal buildings or on federal lands must comply with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business.
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.