Title: Program Manager
Location: US – Remote
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is looking for a Program Manager to join our team. The candidate should have experience with a civil agency, preferably Veterans Affairs. The environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving. As such, thought leadership, problem-solving, rapid learning, and carrying the innovative mindset needed to lead our clients through conceptualization, strategic planning, and execution is important. Additionally, flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.
This role will work directly with subject matter experts in enterprise architecture, data analytics platforms, and product line maturity to plan, track, progress and achieve the organization’s technical objectives. Candidates with excellent communication and leadership skills are preferred.
- Must work directly with senior-level architects to solicit requirements and strategies
- Must have experience with diverse IT projects both large and small, with the ability to demonstrate plans with milestones and achievable actions.
- Must be well versed in full systems development life cycle, enterprise-wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process re-engineering, structure, and management practices.
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the program and project plans.
- Must be able to manage to cost, schedule and performance.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing disparately located personnel.
- Must be able to provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
- Must be able to lead multiple efforts in parallel.
- Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
- Identifying symptoms for process improvement.
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Science Degree Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific /technical discipline
- 15 years of experience
- +8 years of additional experience can be substituted for a degree
- Experience managing teams in a DevSecOps model (Development Security Operations, full system life cycle)
- Experience with SAFe/agile development teams
- Experience leading and transitioning to sustainment/production operations
- Experience leading process and tools transformations
- Experience managing projects and project reporting from standard project management tools (examples: MS Project, Jira, GitHub, VA EPMD tools, and others)
- Demonstrates organizational awareness, political savvy, and understanding of effective leadership principles and team dynamics
- Experience leading virtual / geographically distributed teams
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Already have VA access
- VA Project Management experience
- Experience with Product Lines and Product Line Maturity
- Demonstrated and current experience managing programs with complex data processing requirements.
- Demonstrated and current experience managing program delivering systems/tools/solutions in production, while transitioning to better technology solutions.
Compensation Range (In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for remote or positions located in CO)