Location: REMOTE, REMOTE, US
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Program Manager within our Program Management team to help support our Adjustable Bed business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Program Manager you will have the opportunity to define the scope, critical success factors, and launch timelines of the project. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by collaborating with sales, product development, operations, and supply chain . The team you will be working with is hard working, driven, goal oriented and values hard working dedicated problem solvers.
So, what will you be doing as a Program Manager?
- Defines the timeline, and scope of the project in collaboration with Sales,
- Product Development, Operations, and Supply Chain, including but not limited to chartering, scoping, timeline development, team meetings, gate reviews, status reporting, issue resolution, and risk mitigation.
- Monitors the progress of the project using the appropriate tools and project management techniques and make changes as necessary.
- Establishes a communication schedule to update stakeholders and management in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Reviews the action items/tasks, and deliverables with the project team on a regular basis to ensure it meets the project standards and customer requirements.
- Ensures that all project information is appropriately documented and secured and available for review.
- Determines the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Designs, communicates, and implements a detailed timeline/project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare meeting notes, action items, and project status reports for management.
- Understand customer needs and timing to ensure project requirements are covered.
- Ensure timelines are created and the team is tracking to the timeline, reports shortfalls as needed to the Steering Group/Stakeholders.
- Manage agendas and meeting recaps/minutes to ensure all project tasks and goals are being accomplished as expected.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks and escalates to management as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or finance, is required
- 5 – 8 years’ experience managing large, complex projects, particularly those involving customer driven timelines
- Strong project management and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to define and execute project timelines
- Proven ability to influence and manage internal & external resources in a highly matrix’ d environment
- Proven ability to address competing priorities within a single project with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of the organization, including international sites and time zones
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project programs
- Travel as needed (less than 10%)
Things we consider a plus:
- PMP and/or Lean Sigma certifications preferred