Title: Production Coordinator – Remote
Location: US National
SketchDeck is building the model for the next generation of creative agencies. Through a combination of technology, partnership, and a global talent community, SketchDeck gives marketers access to quality creative on demand. We work with clients from startups to well-known enterprise brands such as Dropbox, Rmy Cointreau, and Asana.
As the Production Coordinator, you ensure satisfactory delivery of all production work for the team’s client accounts. You are responsible for managing client projects through completion, mentorship and support of the Production Designers and Quality Control members, ensuring the delivery of high-quality design that meets brand standards and guidelines, and ensuring all projects are ready for final output. You will collaborate with Project Managers, Quality Control, Designers and Production Directors to build client relationships, advance brands and deliver great, high-quality work. This requires a combination of strong design experience, a thorough understanding of final product specs, strong organizational skills, critical attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
The Production Coordinator is part of a team led by a Project Manager and will report directly to the Director of Design.
This role will need to maintain Eastern Time Zone hours.
- Responsible for the creation of graphic assets while maintaining the integrity of our clients’ design standards
- Develop and prepare files for print or digital production, ensuring they meet technical specifications and requirements
- Create and modify design templates for efficient production and consistency across multiple projects.
- Ensure brand consistency across all marketing collateral by adhering to brand guidelines, high design standards, and specifications.
- Analyze and implement feedback from both client and internal design teams
- Possess a fundamental understanding of digital, print, production, identity, product, packaging, ad, and multimedia design disciplines. Ideally, this includes familiarity with ADA/WCAG standards
- Ensures files are ready for final production and that work is designed in the correct program
- Monitor and QC project deliverables and ensure projects are delivered following ADA/WCAG standards including 2.0 & 2.1
- Monitor the correct usage of brand guidelines
- Review briefs against design, check content and copy for accuracy and quality
- Support team as a client brand knowledge resource
- Work with QC, PM, and DD’s to ensure projects are meeting/exceeding all design standards
- Improve process and quality standards for specific project types, e.g. PPT templates
- Overall ensure and improve excellent production design quality and efficiency,
- Oversee daily tasks tied to production
- Update design files for basic updates, upload and deliver to client.
- Ensure client delivery deadlines are met
- Hold team accountable by providing actionable feedback & helping them grow
- Coordinate and communicate project needs, timelines, team skills and creative staff with Project Managers
- Time and project management skillsmust be comfortable simultaneously managing multiple projects for various clients across time zones
- Coordinate and manage the production workflow for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with others, including project manager, designers, quality control and clients, to ensure smooth project execution.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identifying critical milestones and deadlines.
- Monitor project progress, identifying potential issues or delays, and taking proactive measures to mitigate them.
- Facilitate effective communication among team members and clients to ensure everyone is well-informed about project status and requirements.
- Manage project platform from WorkFront to the SketchDeck platform
- Escalate issues and essential opportunities to the Project Manager
- Provide input and ideas to improve the design team structure, processes and development
- Develop onboarding tools to ensure new team members understand the client accounts and brands
- Help coordinate and organize processes and delivery for large events or production campaigns
- 5-7+ years of experience in a design-related position
- Knowledge and understanding of WCAG 2.0 & 2.1, ADA/Accessibility compliance best practices, tools, and solutions (nice to have, but not a requirement)
- Strong technical design understanding (e.g. file management, design principles)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to interpret briefs
- Enthusiastic about collaboration with a remote team of project managers, design directors, and other designers based all over the world
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. By joining the team, you will get:
- Salary range $60,000 – $70,000
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401(k) with company match
- Fully remote working (that started pre-covid and will continue after!)
- Paid time off that grows with tenure
- Annual company retreat
- Computer hardware of your choice (up to $1500)
- $500 towards your office setup expenses
- To work with a talented team of creatives, business people, and engineers!