Product Marketing Specialist
Product Marketing Specialist
The Sage Group’s client, one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, is looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to be on the forefront of driving positioning and messaging, as well as educating customers and prospects about our client’s industry leading AtomSphere Platform. You will lead and own product marketing initiatives, working closely with other members of marketing, sales and product management. The PMM org is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. Product Marketing is a key product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. We know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. We also know our competitors like the back of our hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. We back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
PMM collaborates with the marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to success, along with an ability to grasp and present our client’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. We are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. In addition to the marketing team, we regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the creation of sophisticated marketing assets and measure results
- Work closely with, product management and sales evangelize the AtomSphere Platform
- Identify and track Total Addressable Market (TAM), CAGR and market share for our client in the relevant product segment
- Set, measure and track stretch goals for PMM-defined sales program
- Set, measure and track stretch goals for product assets created
- Understand the technology market for the product segment
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Ensure there are adequate touch points/guidance for customers from purchase, to onboarding, to expansion
- Map existing product assets to buyer’s journey and create assets that are needed to align to better
- 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Experience in product marketing: assessing market requirements, investigating new technologies, developing recommendations for technical product direction, establishing plans as well as strategies and roadmap plan-of-records
- Good understanding of the competition
- Proficiency in technical illustration
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of products and their value to the customer
- Ability to influence others to achieve results and to work effectively cross functionally and with senior management
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Remote within U.S.