Product Marketing Manager
Remote United States
At VSCO, our mission is to nurture the creative journey from start to finish and inspire creators to realize their vision. VSCO is a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
You enjoy bringing new products to market, from developing the initial value proposition to driving adoption through strong product storytelling. You have an eye for highlighting the unique value that VSCO brings to our community and are able to clearly align our user needs with product narrative. You’re skilled in collaborating with others and seek to champion the consumer in every product and feature you launch.
VSCO is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help drive strategy and marketing of products and features. In partnership with the team, this role would help define target audiences, own product positioning, develop lifecycle marketing strategies, and lead product storytelling. They will effectively serve as the voice of the user through product development and the go-to-market process, collaborating with Product on translating consumer insights into product experiences. They’ll partner closely with Product, Brand Marketing and Digital Marketing to ensure all product messaging is relevant and consistent for consumers across channels.
- Understand what the customer values, needs, and wants through consumer insights research and quantitative analysis
- Lead strategy, execution and analysis of go-to-markets that support product roadmap.
- Lead customer value proposition, product positioning, and key consumer use cases to drive the communication and narrative of products and features both internally and externally
- Partner with Brand/Digital marketing on relevant and consistent product storytelling through the go-to-market process.
- Lead product storytelling through PR and editorial.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader creative experiences ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback, positioning and messaging
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of business consulting, product marketing, brand marketing, and/or product management experience, ideally for a B2C SaaS mobile product.
- Strong strategic and analytical mindset with the ability to also think creatively
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams and execute go-to-market plans, from research to conception to launch/adoption
- Experience using CMS and CRM tools (e.g. Braze, Iterable)
- Comfortable representing VSCO to external partners
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative organization in a cross-functional capacity within a fast paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment
Nice to have
- Start-up experience
- Experience managing organic and paid social channels (e.g. SEO, ASO, Facebook, Instagram, Influencer)
- Experience working on a subscription based product and/or promoting a membership
- A personal connection to photography and the arts
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.