Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: United States
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
As a founding member of the marketing team, you’ll be responsible for building, owning, and running a world-class product marketing function. Partnering closely with the product and sales teams, you will play a critical role in defining Watershed’s messaging, positioning, audience segmentation, launch plans, and go-to-market strategy. We’re looking for an energetic marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is motivated to set and deliver on bold targets in a challenging market.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, smart, and flexible able to move easily from creating compelling positioning to briefing analysts, brainstorming product strategy, or creating a new sales play. Our audience is discerning, and the right person will have a high bar for creativity and execution, even if they’re not (yet!) experts on climate.
- Define and implement the product marketing strategy for Watershed, from messaging and positioning to audience segmentation, competitive analysis, and routes to market
- Source and analyze market trends, analyst insights, and customer feedback to help inform our product strategy and roadmap
- Define & implement Watershed’s launch marketing strategy, including release marketing, launch tiering, and customer engagement
- Engage with Watershed customers, industry analysts, and internal teams (sales, customer success) to identify and evangelize Watershed’s key buyer personas, value proposition, and key differentiators
- Be a subject-matter expert on our product strategy, roadmap, and features, and use your knowledge to equip our marketing team to deliver compelling content and campaigns
- Work with sales to develop a comprehensive sales enablement strategy, including developing key sales collateral (pitch decks, call scripts, battlecards, demos, plays, etc.) and defining the sales engagement strategy
- Share accountability for lead generation and pipeline targets, with a data-driven approach to optimizing our messaging, positioning, and go-to-market plans
- Build and reinforce a culture of diversity, inclusion, and high performance
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in developing and owning product marketing strategies for B2B enterprise software
- A customer-first mindset that translates into crisp, differentiated messaging & positioning; uniquely compelling events; and consistently stellar experiences across every touchpoint
- Comfort with fast-paced, scrappy environments, with a bias for action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- A deep (and a little nerdy?) interest in how software products work, particularly in the climate space, combined with a growth mindset
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.