Product Manager, Investment Products | Acorns
Location: Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of wealth-making in everyone’s hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving nearly 5 million everyday Americans. Customers get:
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
And so much more, all in one app! To date, customers have invested $12.5 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Product at Acorns is responsible for leading the teams that develop new products and features that improve the lives of our customers. You’ll work with teammates in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations, finance, and user research to bring ideas to life and achieve our goals.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns’ mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Hit the ground running. You’ll build strong, collaborative relationships across engineering, design, compliance, research, and our third-party partners and work with each group to ensure our vision, products, and progress are well understood
- Become familiar with the objectives, strategy, and vision for the Acorns Investment platform
- Partner with cross-functional counterparts to define and iterate upon features & product specs
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop written requirements, define success metrics, and associated use-cases for new projects; shepherd projects from ideation to release; analyze performance; and iterate until we get things right
- Support the end to end growth sprint process of ideation, technical development, the launch of projects, and analysis of results
- Manage the backlog and day to day sprint level needs for the engineering team and product team leaders.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, recommend solutions, and solve increasingly complex business and technical problems that drive revenue and deliver results
- Communicate effectively between all partners including marketing, design, customer support, engineering, project management, etc.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Establish deep understanding of user behaviors and competitor landscape
- Develop a systematic approach to experimenting, measuring and learning, with high velocity
- Take responsibility for the outcomes including influencing and making effective changes to maximize outcomes.
- Understand, assess, and communicate the status and risks for ongoing initiatives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define product requirements.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- 2-4 years of consumer-facing product management experience; previous experience with investment products preferred
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, strategic, and decision making abilities
- Goal-oriented. You’ll do what it takes to get the job done
- Speed. You can make the tradeoffs required to ship quickly without compromising quality
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world’s top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns’ smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way