Employer: Segment.io, Inc.
About the job
- Twilio is looking for a product manager interested in helping modernize the email platform for today’s privacy focused world.
- You’ll help define a roadmap for new and existing privacy legislations as well as helping protect our users’ data as new features are developed.
In this role, you’ll:
- Spend significant time building trusting relationships with engineering teams throughout Twilio. You’ll conduct interviews, explore product metrics, map user workflows and apply other research methods to understand the customer experience.
- Use your communication skills to clearly articulate complex technical problems to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will author detailed, concise analyses and build consensus across teams through written mediums.
- Responsible for features and services across the entire product lifecycle from conception to delivery and ongoing maturity. You’ll work cross-functionally to ensure projects are successfully launched and achieve intended outcomes.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that teams have the information they need to make the best possible decisions. You’ll share the results of your research, help guide prioritization and design decisions with humility.
- Help guide some of the most foundational design choices we make here at Twilio. You’ll engage in compassionate, candid conversations with colleagues and are comfortable with the healthy disagreements that come from product development.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- Experience building software products, especially APIs, SDKs or SaaS products
- Experience working as a Product Manager or in a similar role
- Experience implementing products compliant with certifications like SOC II or ISO 27011.
- A relentless customer advocate. You use your exceptional listening skills to deeply understand customer needs and help your team empathize with customer problems and stay focused on the user experience.
- Data-driven. You are comfortable with quantitative and qualitative analysis and can demonstrate how you’ve used data to influence technical decisions as they relate to customer outcomes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. We’re transforming how products are built at Twilio and the answers aren’t always obvious. You are a self-starter with a structured approach to breaking down ambiguous problems and can describe how you iterate toward a clear product definition.