NerdWallet is in the business of putting personal finance knowledge in your wallet with accessible online tools and expert advice. Millions of consumers come to NerdWallet every month looking for insights about the personal finance products that serve their needs the best.
The Partner Data Ingestion team is responsible for delivering value to consumers, partners, and NerdWallet by ingesting affiliate revenue transactions and making it available so stakeholders can make informed decisions. As a Product Manager on the Partner Data Ingestion team, you will be improving the way we ingest data from our partners. Your work will have a significant impact in the way we report revenue and use data to make performance marketing decisions. Besides building strong processes, you will also look into how we improve monitoring, documenting, and automating all our partner data flows for real-time marketing and revenue insights.
In this role you will report to the Lead Product Manager of Data.
Where you can make an impact:
- Work with the Partnership team to prioritize partners, create strong KPIs to measure success for each integration, and regularly report on metrics
- Communicate progress to stakeholders, functional owners, and internal team members
- Be a subject matter expert for partner integrations and a key resource for team members across NerdWallet
- Streamline our integrations process to shorten integration timelines and reduce cost of maintenance
- Support and define a standardized integration process and guidelines for partners, data engineers, program managers, and the business team
- Participate in build vs. buy decision-making pertaining to critical integrations infrastructure
- Provide support to partners when they raise data issues that require resolution including the coordination of internal and external parties
- Partner with data engineering to establish, support, and improve data management processes while taking into consideration partner data needs and pain points
- Strong Product and Data Intuition: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize consumer needs.
- A Focus on Execution: You have the organizational and analytical skills to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strategic Intuition: You can synthesize external and internal data and team feedback to develop a coherent roadmap for our growing product needs
- An Analytical Approach: Comfort with data analysis tools and creating SQL queries to conduct analysis
- A Collaborative Style: You work comfortably across teams and disciplines leveraging their talents, expertise, and insight to achieve shared goals
- Strong Client Empathy: You can imagine the world as others see it and understand their motivations and needs
- Exceptional Communication Skills: You have excellent written and oral communication skills to drive the platform vision within the organization
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years in product management at a consumer internet company
- Experience working with stakeholders to make tradeoff decisions and prioritize requests
- Strong problem solving skills as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- An unquenchable desire to identify and fix data issues in a large, complex data environment; we rely on you to be proactively hunting for issues
- Technical background (e.g. degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent professional experience)
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources