Product Designer II
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant’s end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
About The Role:
Extend is looking for a talented Product Designer to join our design team as we evolve and expand our product offerings. As a Product Designer II, you will work cross-functionally across our product team and work directly with product managers, engineers, fellow designers and strategic stakeholders.
You will participate in product discovery and create compelling end-to-end product designs to achieve business goals. We are looking for a Product Designer to own and contribute to major verticals within Extend’s rapidly-scaling product. Your primary goal will be to craft sophisticated, compelling user experiences within both our core warranty platform and innovate ways to design delightful end-to-end claims experiences for customers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support our product vision and strategy, including evolving Extend’s core tooling platform.
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with product managers, engineers, and leadership to prioritize and build new features
- Contribute to product strategy by defining problems in insightful ways, understanding business needs, and innovating within technical constraints.
- Develops expert knowledge of industry, competitive, comparative, complementary products. Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Building and performing moderated and unmoderated user research and applying insights to design decisions to achieve user and business goals.
- Own and cultivate the product team’s full design process, from discovery to asset delivery
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in product/ UX design
- Advanced proficiency in Figma
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Strong visual design skills, and a keen eye for UI details
- Hands-on experience performing moderated and unmoderated user research
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas and an eagerness for innovation
- Ability to demonstrate strong systematic design thinking
- Contribute to our design system using industry best practices
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
Nice to Have’s
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Experience in designing enterprise software
- Copywriting experience
- Experience in building design systems
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.