Product Designer – North America (Remote)
Zapier’s mission is to make automation work for everyone, make everyone more productive at work and help teams supercharge their business processes. We’re looking for a few new Product Designers to join us on this journey across various teams. These teams include:
- Zap Management & Organization / Often, multiple zaps are used to solve an automation problem. Currently, though, Zapier’s interface for organizing zaps is fairly limited and causes a number of our high-use customers to perform workarounds in order to group zaps in the ways they need. This year, Team Manage will be looking at Zap Organization to see what patterns and architecture we could incorporate into our interface to give more powerful organizational options to our users. The designer in this role will help to conceptualize, validate, and ultimately deliver design solutions to the new opportunities we have. This will require coordination with our Zap Creation and Monitoring teams while we consider how updates here impact the wider experience.
- Zap Creation / This team has been around Zapier for a long time. It focuses on the core tool that enables users to connect apps and create Zaps. It is the first of two teams focused on the creation experience: Zap Creation – Infinity (this team) and Zap Creation – Beyond. This year, the designer on Team Zap Creation will assist in the addition of features that allow our customers to more easily edit their zaps. The designer will work with the rest of the team to integrate drafts into the zap creation process as well as add version control. The designer in this role will need to evaluate existing patterns, conceptualize divergent ideas around features for our unique use cases, validate and narrow down on single concepts, and coordinate with other engineering teams to consider how introducing features will affect their areas of the experience.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re a skilled designer and are continually growing. You have 2-4 years of experience designing digital products and systems for a significant user base. You have a strong understanding of product development and user-centered process, from discovery and shaping to detailed product design work.
- You leverage research and data. You understand when to use qualitative or quantitative methods and know-how to translate research syntheses into actionable plans. You communicate what you learn with your team, work with teammates to iterate on solutions, and measure the success of your work.
- You are self-directed and process-driven. We believe in systems and processes that help us scale our impact beyond our individual contributions. You effectively manage your own workload, create plans with cross-functional teammates, and escalate project risks.
- You’re a skilled written communicator. Zapier is 100% remote so concise documentation and compelling storytelling are crucial to communicating design work and collaborating with your teammates.
- You have experience with business and/or technical products. You understand general engineering concepts, APIs, bugs/troubleshooting, etc.
- You believe collaboration is critical to success. You collaborate with designers and cross-functional partners to achieve the best results and get alignment on the team’s direction.
- You are a skilled interaction designer. You design high-quality, end-to-end experiences that bring clarity to complex problems. You know how to leverage design systems and partner with engineers to ship experiences that are usable and aesthetically pleasing.
Things you might do
- Lead the creation of delightful user-centered experiences leveraging a solid design process.
- Conduct user research and communicate findings to your product squad.
- Champion UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
- Work with product squads to craft design solutions that solve user problems and impact business objectives.
- Lead design discussions and present alternative solutions based on your understanding of user and business needs.
- Request feedback from Design Team members, and other teammates around Zapier through asynchronous or synchronous communication.
- Collaborate and share work early and often. Create interactive prototypes or provide links to assets with your teams for feedback.
- Deliver high quality, complete designs, and specifications for projects alongside PMs and engineers.
- Adhere to established design patterns, or help to build upon and deliver improvements to existing patterns.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote – North America
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapien’s live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and moreyour choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks of paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partner’s network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from useven if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.