You’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the US.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you’ll get to do…
As a Lead Product Designer, you will be a fundamental member of our Product Design team working alongside some of the best product, engineering, design, and marketing talent. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team and help entrepreneurs around the world build, manage, and grow their business. You will be working on our commerce offering – shaping the experiences of tomorrow across GoDaddy.
As a Lead Product Designer on the Point-of-Sale Team, you will think deeply and strategically about our GoDaddy Poynt Smart Terminal platform and the challenges a business might face getting started, setting up, launching and managing all aspects of selling in-person. Your primary focus is on creating world-class frictionless experiences for the commerce apps and checkout solutions that bridge the physical and digital world, such as buy online pick up in store.
In this role, you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in creative vision, strategy and execution, with limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality.
Commerce is one of GoDaddy’s top initiatives, so you’ll contribute to a growing team and product suite. You will be joining a group comprised of product, design and engineering leaders who share a passion for innovative products and services that help entrepreneurs and small businesses build and grow their businesses, selling online and in person.
- Craft Engaging Experiences – Support the customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- Communicate and Collaborate – You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how tocommunicate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers, and writers across different teams and offices.
- Design for Scale – Create experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Prototype, Test, Iterate – Be comfortable concepting, working in low fidelity and high fidelity as well as testing, learning and iterating on designs.
- Define & Document – Create artifacts that articulate our users needs, product principles and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire – Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community
- Contribute and Invest – In our growing design community as well as customer research and discovery activities
- Drive & Deliver – Actively lead multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
Your experience should include…
- 5+ years experience in delivering products to market with a proven track record
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in user experience and interaction design on mobile devices
- A deep understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and can communicate why
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills
- Deep understanding of design tools like: Figma, Sketch, Framer, XD, InVision, Axure, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to think through complicated design systems and challenge existing constraints
You might also have…
- Experience building software for customer experience or service design industries
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent
- Experience with micro-interactions and animations
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is important
- Ecommerce, POS or Fin-tech experience
- Experience working with complex information architecture and navigation challenges
- Ability to plan, scope and deliver work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts to a broad team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Ability to take complex problems and crystalize them into actionable items
- Experience working with, contributing to and managing design systems
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior designers on the team
- Ability to work independently and autonomously to deliver on goals
- Experience with user experience and usability testing
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.