Principal Tech Lead, Ads Engineering
San Francisco, CA; Remote
Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation’s premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi’s library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we’re committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
About the Role:
Our Ads Eng team is building out the Ads Ecosystem at Tubi to help advertisers reach their target audience as well as users to enjoy their favorite content for free. You will work with Tubi’s Machine Learning and Data Science teams to build distributed systems that place ads most optimally on Tubi apps through sophisticated algorithms on ad delivery pacing and planning. As a lead engineer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high-quality advertising products, collaborating with other teams, and leading a team of engineers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for advertising technology, solving loosely defined problems and leading engineering teams. You will also improve the way we deploy and operate our services and even contribute to open-source projects.
- Empower your team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Hands-on design and development of high throughput, and/or low latency distributed systems
- Identify and mitigate technical debt and other risks to the product
- Prioritize stories based on business impact and feasibility
- Work with other Tubi leaders to lead developer productivity best practices
- Help engineers advance in their careers and grow through 1:1s and mentoring
- Partner with Tubi’s talent acquisition team to attract and hire top-tier engineering talent
- Stay up-to-date with advertising technology trends and best practices
- 10+ years of industry experience designing and developing scalable distributed systems with one or more JVM languages (Scala, Java, Kotlin). We use Scala.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, cache and noSQL databases as well as message brokers
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing people and projects
- Deep understanding of JVM systems ie memory models, concurrency
- Deep understanding in adtech: serving, targeting, and/or measurement technologies
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ownership, pursuit to do things the right way, and self-motivation to learn and adapt
- Experience with Akka technologies
- Experience with kubernetes/kustomization, terraform and other infra tools
- Experience with data engineering tools