Principal Software Engineer – Flex Customer Engagement
Location: Remote – US
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer – Flex Customer Engagement
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we’re on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help grow and build our next generation customer engagement in Twilio Flex.
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Customer Engagement team as the Technical Lead. Flex is Twilio’s flagship contact center solution and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to meet their needs. The Customer Engagement team owns the integration of customer context with contact centers to enable decisions to be made efficiently
In this role, you’ll:
- Be the technical lead for a high performing engineering team
- Mentor your fellow team members and multiply their efforts
- Design, develop, and maintain software contributing to the overall success of the Flex product
- Practice good engineering habits (development and testing techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile habits, mentorship) within your team
- Work with other engineering teams and with members of the product organization to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs
- Design and build new systems with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of software development experience in Java or a related OO language
- Experience with building distributed systems, event-based or asynchronous service communication, and microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud providers
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
- Experience implementing modern automated testing approaches
- Champion good engineering habits (development and testing techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile habits, mentorship) within your team
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
This role will be based in remote US
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.