Title: Principal Software Engineer
About Our Company
Vytalize Health is a leading value-based care platform for seniors that has raised over $70 million in financing from top healthcare investors. We partner with primary care practices and power them through bold financial incentives and smart technology. We combine a Medicare ACO, virtual and in-home doctors’ office, and a digital health platform to equip our network of physicians with everything they need to be successful in caring for their patients and staying ahead in a rapidly changing healthcare system. Our private equity-backed company works with over 500 providers and manages more than $2 billion in annual medical spending.
About our Growth
Vytalize Health has grown its patient base 150% year-over-year and is now partnered with 280 primary care practices across 16-states. The company’s all-in-one, vertically integrated solution for value-based care delivery is responsible for $2 billion in medical spending. The company is expanding into new markets while increasing the concentration of practices in existing ones and has begun contracting with regional and national Medicare Advantage plans.
Visit www.vytalizehealth.com for more information.
Why you will love working here
We are an employee first, mission driven company that cares deeply about solving challenges in the healthcare space. We are open, collaborative and want to enhance how physicians interact with, and treat their patients. Our rapid growth means that we value working together as a team. You will be recognized and appreciated for your curiosity, tenacity and ability to challenge the status quo; approaching problems with an optimistic attitude. We are a diverse team of physicians, technologists, MBAs, nurses, and operators. You will be making a massive impact on people’s lives and ultimately feel like you are doing your best work here at Vytalize.
What You Will Do
As a Principal Software Engineer at Vytalize, you will get to build top-notch software, mentor staff engineers, and improve processes while working on agile teams. You will promote advanced engineering techniques of test and behavior driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and test automation. You will promote a learning culture and continuous improvement.
Through your leadership and example, the team will grow, achieve its goals, and improve the health of millions of patients. You demonstrate customer obsession and will be a thought partner in architecting the technical and data ecosystem that will lead the way in delivering high quality cost effective care.
- Keep up to date with latest tools, technologies, and strategies and introduce new ideas to the team.
- Mentor software engineers to advance up career ladders while achieving sprint commitments and continuously improving.
- Collaborate with technical product management to align the architecture with the evolving product and data roadmaps.
- Demonstrate expertise with architectural strategies at the intersection of cloud first application development, big data systems, and data science/ML pipelines.
- Understand the differences and tradeoffs between traditional EDW, Data Lakes, Data Mesh/Fabric, and other data architectures.
- Design and develop software using TDD / BDD techniques
- Write automated tests.
- Continuously enhance and refactor the codebase, tracking technical debt across the enterprise.
- Maintain a frictionless development environment through CI, devops, secops, and automation
- Lead the team to create monitoring, scaling, and alerting infrastructure to ensure high performance, high availability, and highly secure applications.
- Lead the team to maintain secure architecture and coding practices.
- Code reviews and pair programming.
- Integration with 3rd party platforms.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of SaaS application development experience using at least 3 software languages.
- 7+ years of applying infrastructure as code techniques to big data systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing, deploying, and operating applications in AWS or GCP.
- 5+ years developing APIs, using microservices, integrating with 3rd party platforms, and using open standard authorization protocols.
- 5+ years of experience using agile scrum development processes
- Experience in OO practices and test-driven development
- Experience working with large and complex databases
- Experience working with sensitive data and establishing development processes to secure data.
- Experience in working in regulated industries is a plus.
- Experience with mobile apps is a plus.
- Training in team leadership a plus.
- Competitive base compensation
- Stock options
- Health benefits effective on start date; 100% coverage for base plan, up to 90% coverage on all other plans for individuals and families
- Health & Wellness Program; up to $300 per quarter for your overall wellbeing
- 401K plan effective on start date; 100% of up to 4% of your annual salary
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Technology setup
- Travel reimbursement
- Ability to help build a market leader in value-based healthcare at a rapidly growing organization