This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
Mountain or West Coast hours required.
Join our team…
Do you want tobe aTechnical Leader within Information Security, supporting the world’s largest platform for entrepreneurs around the globe? Then come work with us at GoDaddy!
Want to work on a team that has a winning combination of hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and an eagerness todesign solutions to complex problems? GoDaddy is looking for aSenior Security Engineerto join the Cybersecurity Incident Response team. An ideal candidate for this role can work independently with limited supervision, understands, and can execute appropriate action on a wide range of events in on-premises and cloud environments, provides mentorship and oversight to junior peers, and is capable of guiding improvements in accordance with a continuously changing threat landscape.
What you will get to do…
- Lead cybersecurity incidents throughout the lifecycle.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for incident response capabilities across people, process, and technology.
- Collaborate with teams to optimize detections.
- Development and evolve security solutions to align business requirements with GoDaddy standards.
- Change champion for SecDevOps, providing support to developers, partner in architecture reviews, operations, and others on security best practices and tools to foster security expertise across the SDLC.
- Function as a subject matter expert for system hardening, vulnerability remediation and incident response.
- Assist with scoping prospective projects, participating in projects from kickoff through “definition of done,” while mentoringmore juniorteam members.
Your experience should include…
- High passion for security subject matters (Incident Response, Vulnerability Assessment, Threat Intelligence, etc.)
- Strong grasp of operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS) and networking protocols and concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape.
- Demonstratable ability to architect and drive implementation oflarge-scalecross company initiatives.
- Ability to understand and apply the cyber kill chain model to events.
- Previous experience with the following tools is helpful: Splunk, ELK, Tanium, TrendMicro, Atlassian, ServiceNow, GitHub, Okta, Microsoft Security products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to team members and to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
You might also have…
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or other related degree.
- Experience with incident response in cloud platforms [AWS, GCP, etc].
- Ability to perform memory or disk-based forensic analysis.
- Incident Response specific or other relevant certifications [ex. GCIH, ECIH, CISSP, etc.]
- Experience working within an agile framework.
- Knowledge of CIS or similar security frameworks.
- Minimum5years of information security experience.
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.