Title: Principal Product Manager
(This is a remote position with preference given to candidates residing in the continental United States.)
Who we are
Our mission is to become the trusted source of lifelong guidance for the next generation, helping millions of families find paths toward better life outcomes starting with college admissions. Our team has made it possible for students and families to run their entire college process for free in one place, sharpen their intuitions with ML-aided simulations or peer advice, interact with and be recruited by admissions officers from over 1,500 schools in the US, learn from the best experts via free livestreams, or even purchase professional services to aid in their journey. CollegeVine helped over 20 million families in 2021.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Principal Product Manager to scale our rapidly-growing retail advising marketplace.
What you’ll do
- Drive significant revenue growth for a new marketplace product with proven PMF, with a focus on monetizing existing users across CollegeVine’s product suite
- Enhance our marketplace service offerings by partnering with operations to recruit, retain, and empower a diverse pool of advisors with unique skills and attributes
- Lead a team of talented engineers, data scientists, and designers to set and deliver a product roadmap aimed at improving the product experience for consumers and advisors alike
Who we’re looking for
A results-oriented leader: You have a track record of driving real results across revenue and user satisfaction
- A marketplace aficionado: You understand how marketplace models work and where value is created
- An optimist: You bring positive energy that other people draw upon
Skills you bring
- Vision setting
- Excellent product taste
- Growth channel testing and scaling
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Leadership through influence
- Stakeholder alignment
- Data literacy
- Comfort with technical challenges
Why you’ll love working at CollegeVine
- Enjoy truly meaningful work: Spend your days working on something that’s high impact and helps millions of students each year find amazing college matches.
- Iterate quickly and see the impact of your hard work: As part of small but growing organization that values speed and learning, you’ll quickly be able to see how your work impacts the business and the families we serve.
- Work with a supportive team that appreciates you: You’ll find that the teammates who you work with are appreciative and celebrate your ideas and innovations.
- Contribute to a mindful remote culture with real flexibility: We are proud of our remote culture and can’t wait to talk to you about it. If you find a team you love that works on a mission you find meaningful, then why let caring for a loved one, moving cross-country, venturing abroad, or even living on a boat stop you?
CollegeVine was founded in 2013 in Cambridge, MA and reaches over 20 million families annually who are in the high school-to-college or college-to-career phases. Our roots are in delivering near-peer mentorship at scale, which has since evolved to delivering lifelong guidance with a focus on data and technology. We have raised over $42m in venture funding from dedicated investors such as Morningside Technology Ventures (Xiaomi, TikTok), the founding partner of 5Y Capital, Fidelity, University Ventures, and more. In 2020, after years of being a remote-friendly company, CollegeVine became a fully remote company centered on Eastern Time with a diverse cast of team members based predominantly in the United States, but also around the world.