Principal Data Analyst
Remote, Contiguous United States
SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Team:
You’ll be joining a Data Organization that focuses on all aspects of Data Engineering, Science & Analytics. The Data Analytics Organization provides advanced analytical capabilities & insights to all parts of the enterprise including Marketing, Product & Sales driving impact through timely data driven decisions.
About the Job:
As a Principal Data Analyst you will have extensive experience driving impact through actionable insights across multiple disciplines including Marketing, Product, Sales, etc., as well as providing and managing an easy to use BI ecosystem for the business partners. You must have great attention to details, and an analytical mindset, work with Business leaders, and collaborate with Data Scientists. You will be responsible for mentoring and guiding junior colleagues, and driving, coordinating, and executing experiments that lead to actionable insights that affect multiple departments. You will have to proactively propose analytical roadmaps that are aligned with the dynamically changing needs of the business to help drive efficiency.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 8-10 years of business focused (e.g. Product, Sales, and Marketing) analysis experience in a Data Analyst or Analytical Scientist role
- Proven track record of delivering business impacts via insights.
- Strong Python 3 (pandas, numpy, etc.), SQL and Excel skills used in a collaborative working environment
- Able to code professionally (advocate for good coding practices, gitlab, data visualization, pipeline automation, data quality checks/reports).
- Strong statistical background (hypothesis testing, p-value, confidence intervals, bayesian statistic, conjugate priors, …)
- Experience developing and maintaining reports in Tableau or other data visualization tools, and with data warehouses like SnowFlake. Experience with tracking / analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, Optimizely.
- Comfortable with large data sets and interest in building data models for consumer behavior and business metrics.
- The ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders is a key factor of success, as is the ability to balance independent and highly collaborative aspects of the job function.
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Partner with Engineering to optimize data tracking / quality and drive data warehouse improvements. Work closely with business partners to identify and analyze practical solutions through existing or new business systems.
- Develop standardized dashboards through deep data analysis and ad hoc reports to inform business decisions, with an emphasis on automation and scalability.
- Conduct the full suite of data analyses to uncover insights about our product and users: Hypothesis Testing, Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, Data/User Segmentation, etc.
- Experience managing Tableau deployments and administration.
- Knowledge of data governance, data security, and data quality best practices.
- MS or Ph.D. in a scientific background (math, physics, chemistry, statistics…) and previous experience in a multidisciplinary working environment
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote – flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision – multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance – basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend