Title: Principal Business System Analyst – Cloud
Location: United States
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Business Systems Overview
The Principal Business Systems Analyst, Cloud (BSA) acts as a liaison between IT, Product and business stakeholders to help build solutions needed to scale and support our business. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the business architecture and processes that support Elastic’s SaaS products. Using your deep knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, integrations, you will work with business partners, end-users, product managers, and developers to improve processes and workflows, draft requirements that help us scale, and showcase simple perfection to our users. You bring a strategic lens to agile development and craft thoughtful technology roadmaps which balance today’s needs versus future scale.
This role is for you if you possess a blend of business engagement skills, passion for technology and automation, attention to details, critical thinking, and a strong desire to contribute to solutions that drive business growth.
What You Will Be Doing
- Bring a design-centered approach to your partnerships with Product, Marketing, Sales, Pricing, Deal desk, and Finance to optimize the SaaS customer lifecycle in various systems of our technology stack through defining enhancements, plans for maintenance, and sprint planning.
- Document processes, procedures, and design as it relates to these GTM processes and the overall system architecture. You proactively identify and triage where these things could improve and keep us moving forward.
- Collaborate closely with architects and other BSAs to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit-functional testing; and assist in troubleshooting to identify the root cause of defects in the system.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Development, Integration Developers and CRM and ERP Application Development teams to scope work and produce timeline estimates.
What You Bring Along: Technical Skills
- 7-8 years experience Salesforce BSA and Design experiences within a SaaS or IaaS company
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: SaaS or IaaS Product Management, Subscription Billing, Quote to Cash, Billing and Invoicing.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick) and boundary ERP systems (Netsuite).
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions between Transactional Applications, Salesforce, ERP and associated ecosystem applications.
- Deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Familiarity with the cloud infrastructure space (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) and/or experience configuring products that have multiple levers and drivers of their final price.
- Fluency in the subscription lifecycle for a SaaS product. You consider yourself a lead-to-cash pro.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- Have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Understanding of multi-channel, multi-term, multi-payment offerings, particularly in a SaaS context.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Deep experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems
- Passion for exceptional documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
- Comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment, and are able to work remotely and independently. You prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- You like change, and can adapt to the changing priorities of the business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.