This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
This position can be remote or near a GoDaddy hub in the U.S. or Canada.
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Join our team
As a data-driven company, GoDaddy is seeking dedicated and highly motivated Principal Analysts to join our Business Analytics team. On the BA team, you will be essential to our company growth through the insights you uncover and the thoughtful recommendations you make. You will join forces with leaders across Product, Marketing, Strategy, Finance and more. You will help tell a clear and succinct story from our data and communicate findings to the executive team. We are seeking team members that are outstanding, analytical, strategic, and inquisitive. The right person will raise the profile and excellence of our entire team. You can make a difference here!
What you’ll get to do…
- Serve as a thought partner with Product Management, Engineering, and Design partners by gathering their requirements to identify areas of opportunity, define and implement tracking plans for the tool set, and influence prioritization decisions with data to drive the business improvements
- Use data to tell a story. Conduct in-depth analytics to identify useful insights, suggest recommendations, and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings to our internal teams
- Build end to end reporting with dynamic and rich dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations using Tableau
- Hands-on development of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytic models using tools such as Redshift, Hive SQL, Python and R for a variety of business use cases
- Carrying out deep-dives and root-cause analysis of emerging business trends, identifying key drivers and useful insights on a global scale
Your experience should include…
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a data centric role, performing high levels of full analytics lifecycle: ideation, data preparation, insights generation and modeling, operationalization, pre-post impact tracking and quantification of business value
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, or Computer Science
- Experience in a variety of marketing adjacent analytics disciplines including web analytics, app analytics, search, and social
- Proficiency in SQL, ideally in a Big Data ecosystem e.g., Hive or AWS. You are comfortable with pulling, joining, re-shaping, and analyzing large, disparate, and highly sophisticated datasets
- Command over data science techniques such as linear regression, binary classification, CART, clustering, time series forecasting, A/B testing
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language like Python/R
- Expertise with data visualization tools like Tableau/Power BI. You know how to package predictive models and diagnostic insights for business users in the form of reports and dashboards
- The ability to work autonomously and make critical decisions independently. Proven communication and collaboration skills, willingness to take the initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
We’ve got your back…Â Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.