Principal Ansible Automation Engineer – US Works From Home
Location WORKS FROM HOME, United States of America
Job Id 297357
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology
Provide expert technical direction in the analysis of diverse and complex systems including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media. Provide expertise to network and IT teams in the implementation of recommended solutions for identified technical system issues.
The Main Responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation of solutions utilizing advanced technical expertise learned from diverse and complex client environments.
- Serve as architecture lead on major projects with the ability and expertise to develop overall architectural direction.
- Initiate and execute advanced research and development activities of significance to future IT business strategies.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience. Typically with 12+ years related experience or 10+ years related experience with Masters degree
- Expert working knowledge of network automation technologies including Python, Ansible, Git
- Experience with Ansible collections, especially comfortable creating Ansible modules
- Good Unix skills
- Experience with Jinja, Yaml, JSON, Docker
- Experience with Orchestration systems like Itential is a plus
- Knowledge of Networking technologies: routing, switching: MPLS, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, SD-WAN
- Analytical skills – diagnosing problems and defining root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and ability to work in a team, cross framework collaborative environment
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic environments where agile was applied at scale
- Excellent decision making and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to learn and support new technologies and train others
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 297357
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.