Employer: Stream Companies
Fullthrottle Technologies is a leading Marketing Technology SAAS company focused on delivering cutting-edge applications to our clients including advertising agencies, media companies and brands. Many of our company team members work remotely and our dynamic team is spread across 5 Timezones and 6 Countries.
Our Company is truly location invisible!
We work together via Microsoft Teams and we have daily online team project meetings. Our communications and development platforms are Cloud Based so they can be accessed across the world. Our teams communicate actively online, our team members work co-operatively, yet autonomously, and take ownership of their work projects.
We are seeking a self-directed, motivated, talented SQL Developer to develop PLPG/SQL queries and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, be solution focused and with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced Continuous Development Agile Environment.
You will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability and performance.
Remote Minimum Requirements.
- You will need a rock-solid high-speed internet connection, fluent written/spoken English and you need to be located within +/- 6 hours of US Eastern Standard Time.
Want to know more? See below!
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation.
- Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
- Work with data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- Analyze existing SQL query and PLPG/SQL code for performance improvements.
- Develop functions, SQL statements in PLPG/SQL and stored procedures to maintain business logic.
- Design relational logical data models and their physical schema design.
- Make design enhancements to the database schema, dictionary and normalize data into a consistent schema to accept new data types.
- Refactor existing database models to scale.
- Investigates, troubleshoots and corrects data and user related system errors and ensures data integrity.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse (e.g. Athena, Amazon Redshift or similar Data Warehouse technologies) is a plus.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a SQL Developer or similar role.
- 2+ years of experience of working in a distributed remote technology team a plus.
We are looking for long-term hires here who fits well into our distributed Continuous Development Agile Scrum team and so the ideal candidates will be:
- Self Directed and Self Motivated with a proven ability to get things done (ESSENTIAL)
- A good communicator who can summarise key deliverables and hit daily deadlines (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience with and thrived in a fast paced Agile / Scrum development environment (++)
- Experienced with and Comfortable with working in Distributed Development Environment with remote colleagues (+)
- A proven Team player
Flexibility. Many of our 400-plus company team members work remotely and our dynamic team is spread across 5 Timezones and 6 Countries.
We work together via Microsoft Teams, and we have daily online team project meetings.
Our communications and development platforms are Cloud Based so they can be accessed across the world. Our teams communicate actively online, our team members work co-operatively, yet autonomously, and take ownership of their work projects.
Camaraderie across the miles. We are fortunate to have incredibly talented people in our distributed teams globally and there is a great sense of fun and camaraderie between colleagues. We love what we do and it shows! The fact that we are distributed doesn’t stop us from building camaraderie. We get to know each other in daily conversation which often includes non-work topics and fun stuff too. Our Stream company blog connects all the teams and enables our colleagues to share their passions, hobbies and varied interests outside of work. We gather physically for team summits from time to time too, so we get to put a face to the voice and that Game of Thrones avatar!
Working with Us.
We are confident you will love working here if:
- You want to get into the trenches with a collaborative team.
- You want to contribute to architecture and deliver innovative software products.
- You like to obsess over ensuring that the code written by you and the team you are part of is well tested, clean, hygienic and performant.
- You can finish what you start, and that good enough and finished, trumps perfect, not done. You class yourself as a continuous improver, and constantly push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
- You like to openly communicate, be willing to listen to peers and give and receive continuous feedback.
- Above all, you love to bring people along for the journey, you are a mentor and a teacher and help others level-up.
We are Not a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a giant slow-moving company. We are constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.