Note from FlexJobs Staff: To view job, scroll down the career page to find the job title and click “View Details” to open the job description.
Paid Media Strategist
Location: Remote Worker – N/A
About SmartBug Media: SmartBug Media is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 175+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 5 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest-rated partner in the world.
We are looking to add to our dynamic, dedicated, and talented team with a top-notch Paid Media Strategist with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that are evolving and leading the way we do marketing.
Paid Media Expertise
- Developing, implementing, and leading the account’s paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, Amazon, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook/Instagram, and other third-party ad platforms.
- Defining important metrics for paid media performance.
- Running and overseeing paid media content.
- Effectively monitoring account budgetary goals.
- Measuring the success of every paid media campaign based on the performance of account KPIs.
- Staying up to date with the latest paid media best practices and technologies.
- Working in and delegating multidisciplinary teams with copywriters and designers.
- Effectively collaborating with internal team members servicing the account.
- Having a deep understanding of the client’s business, objectives, and current gaps.
- Ensuring the precise and seamless execution of account strategies.
- Actively identifying and removing barriers to success.
- Understanding at a high-level the marketing techniques required to make plans successful while continually expanding on this knowledge as needed.
- Recommending improvements to SmartBug’s internal processes as it relates to paid media.
- Actively researching and collecting data to help inform paid media strategies moving forward.
- The regular reporting on and monitoring of performance and optimization results.
- Driving client revenue growth through paid media strategies and tactics.
- Rocking The Client Experience & Improving Client Retention:
- As the main point of contact for directly assigned accounts, the remote Paid Media Strategist plays a key role in creating a client experience that rocks and improves client retention. The Paid Media Strategist works to meet the client’s revenue goals, while also providing a flawless client experience through:
- Operating as the main point of contact for all matters specific to your directly assigned accounts
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Overseeing customer account management for directly assigned accounts, including negotiating contracts and agreements to improve profit; escalating to Director, Inbound Marketing as needed.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with key account contacts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring our solutions’ timely and successful delivery according to customer needs and objectives.
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders to provide the client weekly status updates and also providing monthly/quarterly updates on initiatives to internal and external team members.
- Working to resolve challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Educate the client on critical initiatives, strategies, best practices, or technology.
- Staying up-to-date with trends to help identify opportunities for the client.
- Communicating opportunities to improve the client experience with SmartBug leadership.
- Consistently driving value for our clients while effectively communicating that value both internally and externally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in developing, implementing, and leading paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, and YouTube. LinkedIn, Facebook/Instagram, and other third-party ad platforms (preferred)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lead and direct internal resources with confidence, identify and act on project issues and risks, seeing each through to its proper resolution
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with project management systems is required; experience with Teamwork is strongly preferred
- Proven relationship-building skills and communication experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with executive-level clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- Unlimited sick time
- 4 week paid sabbatical every 5 years of employment
- Monthly remote work allowance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugaPalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
- MacBook Air issued to you at time of hire