Title: Operations Manager – Telecommute
Location: Franklin TN US
Job Category: Corporate Services
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Operations Manager uses sharp business skills to assist in end-to-end business process activities by creating, controlling, and improving business processes by assisting in process design, project implementation for improvement activities, diagnosing process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools. Also assists in quality reporting, analysis, audits, developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using a variety of applicable tools. This leader will be responsible for driving ops transformation around agent metrics, skill development, process controls, and capacity utilization. This leader must effectively collaborate with cross-functional peers to meet and exceed our service expectations as well as the current and strategic needs of our clients. This role will continue driving the development of the necessary infrastructure (people, process, tools, and controls) for the operations area reporting to them. This position will also coach and mentor operations supervisors through the development process to facilitate a cascading approach.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leadership, day-to-day oversight of management and administration of large team including remote staff
- Leading, coaching, mentoring operations supervisors
- Manage daily operations including multiple levels of staff and multiple services
- Accountable for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actuals)
- Direct and lead operational improvement and process transformation initiatives
- Lead/oversee program management initiatives which may include global operations
- Deliver on productivity savings within operations in partnership with cross functional teams
- Foster and promote employee engagement
- Ensure operations is adherent to various compliance policies, and contractual obligations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience leading operational teams
- 3+ years of experience using operational metrics, such as data analytics, data interpretation, and/or KPI’s
- 1+ years of experience working with process improvement
- 1+ years of experience presenting to executives, leadership, and/or stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Word (intermediate+)
- Proficiency in MS Excel (intermediate+), including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint (intermediate+), including importing/manipulating spreadsheets, charts and graphs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of business functions (HR, finance etc.)
- Proven ability to motivate and influence
- Ability to identify potential risks/problems and find resolutions
- Proven record of building “best of class” operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Skilled in working with all levels of management across all functional areas, as well as business partners
- Detail-oriented self-starter with analytical and problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Additional Job Detail Information