Title: Onboard Performance: C++ Software Engineer (TuSimple Remote – US)
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we’re making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
The job is located in San Diego, Bay Area or Seattle. Remote friendly. Relocation assistance is provided.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network
HD Map data is the major offline data on a running autonomous driving vehicle that makes L4 autonomous driving possible. As a Junior/Senior C++ Software Engineer at TuSimple Map infra/Platform team, you will work on the Big Data projects, including complex map building algorithms and pipelines, large scale systems, efficient map data onboard and offline management systems, etc. Your work will empower the whole autonomous driving pipeline, both the algorithm research side and the engineering development side, with the access to a large volume and variety of map data.
- Lead the implementation of efficient sensor and geospatial data management systems
- Adhere to modern C++ standards and industry best practices
- Develop complex data processing pipeline and management
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy software modules in autonomous driving systems, and/or in related platform and tools software.
- Experiences in current programming with common C++ libraries like STL and Boost
- Deep understanding on modern architecture and operating systems
- Profiling and debugging tools to resolve performance and stability issues
- Industrial production coding experience in C++11 or later
- Knowledge of geospatial data structures and computational geometry
- Familiar with low-level system optimization approaches
- Experience on CUDA
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose – Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California Berkeley, University of California Los Angeles, University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland–College Park, University of Massachusetts–Amherst, University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,