Title: Mobile Developer, Android
Location: Remote, US
Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
This role falls in our brand new mobile team focused on building a new native application to compliment Flock Safety’s industry leading user facing product line.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lay the necessary foundations for infrastructure, developer velocity, team processes, design systems, and other elements of the product development process with a long-term perspective.
- Collaborate with mobile & cross-functional engineering groups to create large-scale product experiences. Deliver core customer-facing features of our app & work closely with the product team to create a delightful user experience
- Help scale out the entire mobile engineering team’s processes and systems.
- Ability to coach and mentor engineers in a fast-paced & hyper-growth environment.
- Help shape the long-term high-quality bar of our mobile apps through broad testability strategies.
We’re looking for people who:
- Multiple years of Android experience having worked on multiple apps shipped to the app store
- Experience shipping and maintaining a mobile app over an extended period of time – working with mobile apps at scale or having helped apps scale to millions of users is a plus!
- A passion for programming alongside strong problem-solving and architecture abilities
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems