Note from FlexJobs Staff: To view job, scroll down the career page to find the job title and click “View Details” to open the job description.
Location: Remote Worker
About SmartBug Media: SmartBug Media is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 130+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 5 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest-rated partner in the world.
We are looking to add to our dynamic, dedicated, and talented team with a top-notch Marketing Strategist with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that are evolving and leading the way we do marketing.
As the Marketing Strategists at SmartBug Media, you will be serving as strategic client account leads, working with senior client marketing executives to define goals and develop the digital marketing strategies that will achieve them. You will directly manage 1-2 marketing specialists and lead a cross-functional team of digital marketing professionals specializing in marketing automation, design, development, paid media, PR, content development, and strategy. You are effectively their head of digital.
As the client’s go-to resource at SmartBug, your strong focus on goal setting and ROI in combination with your outstanding client management skills will enable you to provide a successful client experience and substantial value in leading your clients’ digital and marketing programs.
The Marketing Strategist role is a high-impact, high-visibility position that enables you to have a direct impact on the growth and success of your clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with senior client marketing executives to develop goals and the marketing strategies that will achieve them with a strong focus on ROI.
- Lead the discovery and onboarding of new clients including persona development, creation of the customer journey, and development of the overall marketing plan.
- Develop marketing plans and lead a team of Marketing Specialists and cross-functional marketers to execute.
- Present monthly reports, Quarterly Business reviews as well as additional strategic recommendations based on a strong understanding of performance data and the next steps in growing your clients’ digital performance.
- Train and mentor 1-2 Marketing Specialists by building career development plans and preparing them for a Marketing Strategist role.
- Grow and deepen client relationships by having a strong understanding of their industry and business model and by presenting strategic opportunities to expand retainer scope and enhance customer value
- Collaborate with sales in the new business process to ensure new clients have a clear understanding of their potential engagement.
- Consult with clients to define their marketing technology stack and implement marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Marketo, or Pardot
- Proactively manage the profitability and growth of your portfolio of clients.
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit.
- Become the resident expert on your clients” industry and marketing.
- Contribute your thought leadership and build your brand by contributing to SmartBug’s blog, social media, or co-marketing activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years experience building comprehensive digital marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of marketing automation (hands-on expertise with HubSpot, Marketo, and/or Pardot a plus)
- Mature and calm client management with a strong video presence
- Curiosity and a strong desire to continually grow and learn
- A strong strategic thinker who is comfortable talking to senior executives
- Track record of building multi-channel campaigns that yield substantial results
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Passion for data and how to use it to identify marketing opportunities
- Love of marketing and the role that digital and inbound marketing plays in company growth
- Critical thinking skills and the desire to lead
- Proven relationship-building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Strong working knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Great writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Sheets
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- Unlimited sick time
- 4 week paid sabbatical every 5 years of employment
- Monthly remote work allowance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugaPalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
- MacBook Air issued to you at time of hire