Title: Marketing Specialist
Location: United States – Remote
(ISC)² ® is the world’s largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals. We’re committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class cybersecurity qualifications, professional development and engagement opportunities that inspire a safe and secure cyber world. With a membership more than 168,000 strong, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
We strive for a true sense of belonging for all our employees and strive to foster authenticity, trust, empowerment and connectedness that leads to everyone’s success.
We are on a journey of global growth at an important time in the Information Security profession and are seeking a Marketing Specialist. This role will support our professional development marketing team in the creation, development and execution of new and existing products and experiences for (ISC)2 members and non-members (e.g. students, candidates). The ideal candidate will be a results-orientated, driven and collaborative team player who takes ownership of projects/responsibilities and works constructively with internal/external teams and partners. This role will also champion the (ISC)2 brand, culture and foster the organizations Diversity, Equity, Inclusion goals.
- Works with and assists professional development marketing team in creation and implementation of multiple, often concurrent, integrated strategic marketing campaigns, activities and projects – including lead generation, member engagement and retention, membership growth, training and professional development initiatives, etc.
- Contributes to projects and campaigns as well as creative and analytical brainstorming
- Ability to manage multiple projects from start to finish, meeting deadlines
- Experience in copywriting, copy editing, content creation, digital media and other marketing practices
- Stays informed on developments in the marketing discipline and within our sphere of influence: new techniques, ideas, channels, strategies, etc.
- Ability to understand and translate (ISC)2’s offerings into value-add propositions
- Participate and assist in the development and execution of GTM plans and strategies for new, current and updated products
- Assist in measuring effectiveness of marketing programs on an ongoing basis via input and reporting; Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform team to enhance and create effective marketing strategies
- Conduct market, audience and competitive research to identify new industry opportunities
- Works collaboratively with the team to meet ongoing business objectives
- Assist in the marketing of new and existing professional development products and services as well as driving demand and revenue for overall organizational success
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and executing marketing campaigns for products, preferably professional development products
- Social media expertise using various platforms to include creating, influencing and increasing followings (LinkedIn, Twitter, FB, Instagram, AdWords, etc.)
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), internet and web applications/navigation
- Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud knowledge a plus
- Marketing experience in one or more of the following: information security, information technology, training and certification programs/organizations or association membership
- Demonstrated ability to market to a global audience
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to maintain business relationships with internal and external staff, members, partners, clients, and teams.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; confidently articulate information in a professional manner to individuals at all levels, and with both internal and external partners
- Effective organization, time and project management; ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines; all with limited supervision as position is remote
- Highly motivated individual with a can-do experience; resourceful and proactive
Physical & Mental:
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Work normal business hours and extended hours when necessary
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Regular use of office equipment such as a computer/laptop and monitor computer screens
- May occasionally, approximately 10% of the time, transport and/or lift up to 30 lbs. of equipment or packages, which may also involve squatting, bending, or kneeling