Title: Market Data Analyst – Telecommute
Location: Minnetonka MN US
Job Category: Corporate Services
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
We are seeking an experienced digital marketing data analyst to support our marketing communications team. The ideal candidate will show initiative, have an analytical approach to problem-solving, and constantly seek campaign improvement opportunities. This role will provide extensive analysis and research on customer behavior and allow for more effective targeting and communication. This position will engage in data-driven strategic advisement to better target in all marketing efforts. This position also entails writing reports that provide meaningful insights gained by analyzing critical campaign-related data. The successful candidate must be proficient in data modeling and have an in-depth knowledge of best email marketing practices, digital communication channels, audience segmentation, and A/B testing.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide actionable overall market and customer insights to address key strategic questions
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports
- Analyze external and internal customer data using database queries (SQL, Access), spreadsheet (Excel) models, web analytics tools (Adobe/Omniture), statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools
- Evaluate customers’ online behavior and provide insights and recommendations for further enhancements to communication strategy
- Analyze A/B and multi-variate tests, communicate results and provide data-driven recommendations for marketing effectiveness and customer segmentation
- Develop and maintain PowerPoint presentations as well as reporting tools (Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.) to provide market and audience insights to stakeholders
- Advise marketing functions as the knowledge owner for communication and audience data
- Provide foundational education on data and metrics to marketing team and leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, reporting, analytics
- 3+ years of experience with email marketing, digital communication channels, or related fields
- 3+ years of experience with data platforms and data visualization tools, including Tableau
- 3+ years of experience with web analytics tools, including Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- 1+ year of project management or project coordination experience
- Working knowledge of SQL/Power Query/Big Query/Microsoft Excelpivot tables, VBA, v-lookups, and IF statements
- Experience building and automating management-level reporting
- Proficient systems skills, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of digital marketing across all communication channels
- Analytical, statistical, and/or data science skills
- Ability to produce spreadsheet models and maintain relevant outputs for visual data modeling
- Ability to clearly communicate complex data insights to inform data-driven decision making
- Comfortable in advising stakeholders on data-driven decisions
- Highly organized and with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge with CRM programs such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with advanced data modeling tools such as Data Studio, Power BI or similar applications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience navigating ambiguous and dynamic situations and environments
- Experience in healthcare
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Additional Job Detail Information
UHC Benefit Ops Corporate