Gremlin’s mission is to make the Internet more reliable. We’re leading the way in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering, for enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. The Gremlin platform uncovers risks and weaknesses that aren’t addressed by traditional DevOps and IT operations processes and best practices. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the role of Support Manager
Support Managers at Gremlin operate in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and are responsible for ensuring our customers receive the highest level of support for incredibly complex and sophisticated issues spanning a variety of technologies, patterns, practices, and business domains. We are looking for a strategic and analytically-minded leader to take customer support to the next level. Your work will directly shape the trajectory of the customer experience at Gremlin and influence the direction of the product itself.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing customer support for a deeply technical product. Your passion for technology is only surpassed by your passion for the customer. You will motivate, coach and develop your team to exceed performance goals, while also empowering them to advocate for the end user. You are analytically minded, and know that if you can’t measure it you can’t optimize it. You are comfortable creating and analyzing reports, then making data-driven decisions to improve both business efficiencies and customer experience. Finally, you are able to easily context-switch between executing in the now and strategizing for the future. You will be expected to plan and staff the customer support function as it evolves.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Recruit, hire, develop and performance manage a team of customer support engineers driving towards resolution of a wide-range of complex technical issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes in order to increase operational efficiency, customer satisfaction and the employee experience.
- Work to develop onboarding material so we can continue to scale the team
- Manage staff and schedule adherence to ensure compliance with established SLAs for all channels of support; non-compliance with SLAs has a negative financial impact to the organization
- Deliver excellent customer support through channels such as Zendesk and video chat
- Build personal relationships with our customers
- Collaborate with leadership to promote an environment of accountability and productivity
- Serve as an escalation point for high priority requests or complex investigations initiated by our customers
- Responsible for onboarding and managing underperforming employees out of the organization
- Assemble performance reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for internal leaders as well as customer; such reporting may include standing conference calls and/or business reviews
- Be the first support manager at Gremlin and have the ability to make very influential decisions as we grow and mature the organization
We’ll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a management role where your responsibilities included managing a team of support engineers for a technical software product
- 5-7 years experience in a support context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to support with executive level customer escalations involving high stakes emergency situations
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer management tools
- Experience using data to make strategic business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience as a system administrator, software developer, or other technical role
- Experience at a startup or other fast-growth company
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Experience with Chaos Engineering
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, including Excel, Google Sheets, and / or SQL
*If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)