Title: Manager, Support Center
Location: Remote, US (Central or Mountain Time Zone)
At Tanium, our Support Manager fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by leading a team of Support Technical Account Managers (STAMs) in the Tanium Support Center. The Tanium Support Center is responsible for resolving technical issues and answering technical questions that customers have in a timely manner.
With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, Support Managers ensure that their team is continually working to improve the overall experience of our customers when using Tanium.
**Candidates located in Central or Mountain Time Zones will be given preference.
What You’ll Do:
Build and manage a team by:
- Hiring, training, and managing STAMs
- Coaching STAMs to ensure the Support Center is delivering effective, timely, and professional customer support
- Managing team performance with a focus on goal-centric performance management
Improve customer experience by:
- Monitoring appropriate customer focused metrics and making adjustments as needed to ensure organizational goals are being met
- Ensuring the voice of the customer is being heard by providing and facilitating feedback to the Engineering teams on how we can improve the overall customer experience
- Keeping product quality improvement as a key focus of the team by encouraging product feedback
- Working with technical writers to ensure support cases and questions are converted into customer facing documentation allowing for self-service
- Engaging with customers both proactively and reactively to ensure the optimum customer satisfaction is being met
- Facilitating 24×7 support by ensuring appropriate follow-the-sun support and hand-offs occur
We’re Looking For:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a manager or manager of managers in a software support organization.
- Good Judgement; takes self-governed, consistent, action to prioritize and weigh cost and value in order to determine the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium and our mission.
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects and follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
- Influencing; demonstrate strong and consistent influence skills, working effectively with their team and strategic customers, to present logical and compelling arguments to enhance innovation and efficiencies.
- Communication; have mastered executive communication and demonstrate emotional intelligence, and patience, in all forms of communication. Anticipate blockers and delays for their work and the work of others, and communicate appropriately before requiring escalation.
- Strategic Thinking; Support Managers understand the broader corporate initiatives and how they apply to their team. They have the ability to translate strategic goals into tactical engagement/execution and they hold their team accountable for achieving these goals by prioritizing, adapting, understanding trends and using data
- Management; Support Managers have a passion for managing and leading teams. They manage with empathy, patience, and inclusiveness without compromising on achievement of business goals. They practice a high degree of discretion around sensitive employee information and matters. Above all, demonstrated mentorship of fellow technologists at Tanium, embodying Tanium’s core values, is a must.
- Leadership; proven effective leadership of a technical team. Support Managers have a deep sense of ownership, hands-on approach, are proactive, and should be highly collaborative. They seek out leadership opportunities.