Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to manage and lead the team building new full-stack and user interface features for our Journeys product.
Launched in mid 2021, Journeys has a complex interface that ties together many different systems between Twilio and Segment. The manager of this team will help grow and guide the engineers working on the usability features that make Journeys a great product, work closely with product owners to define scope and feasibility, and make decisions about staffing and priority on a daily basis.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead our Journeys Navigation team to build, deploy, and iterate on a complex full-stack application.
- Set the technical vision for your team and be accountable for team plans and deliverables
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers with individual ownership and impact
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an impact
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- BS in a relevant fields or related work experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building production grade systems
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or another modern JS framework
- The ability to communicate well. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support teams
- Have strong familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration, and a strong belief in automation over toil.
- Solid engineering fundamentals
- Prior experience implementing automation and monitoring tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role will be remote, and based in the USA. No travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.