Manager, Product Design
Location: Chicago or Remote
Product Experience | Chicago, IL or Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team – Design, Information, and Insights – focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to join our growing Product Experience design team. You’ll manage and mentor a team of designers working on our Real Estate and Digital Notary products. You’ll partner with engineering, research, and product management teams to ensure that solutions are user-centric and technically feasible. You’ll champion forward-thinking. practical, needle-moving design.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Director of Product Design and is designated Flex.
- Partner with product management, engineering, user research, sales and marketing to define a metrics-informed vision and product roadmap
- Research new UX and design products and technologies that allow your team to collaborate more effectively internally and across disciplines
- Manage and mentor a team of UX designers
- Contribute to the larger design team culture
- Support the team with hands-on design work
- 5+ years of experience leading UX product design teams
- 8+ years of designing consumer and/or enterprise experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a UX-related or software product development field of study
- Previous experience managing and mentoring individual contributor designers
- Experience leading product design in an agile/scrum software development environment
- Hands-on experience with UX design and prototyping tools
- Specialization in interaction design, visual design and design thinking, with experience playing a role in prototyping and user research
- Experience leveraging data and analytics to drive design decisions for B2B and/or B2C products
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops with cross functional teams
- Deep thinker and natural communicator who can tell compelling stories that inspire action
- Experience collaborating with teams across different geographic locations
- Portfolio of work inspired by user research demonstrating product design strategy, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, articulation of design rationale, strong communication and storytelling skills
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $130,800 – $184,800 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.